Subtasks not allowing premium features

Hello, we have a premium workspace, but we’ve come across an issue when working in subtasks: We’re finding that premium features don’t work for them. For example, we cannot add a start date for these tasks. This is an issue that affects not only me, but members of my workspace.

Hi @Alex_Ba :wave:t3:

From what I can see, you currently have a Premium Team, which means that Premium features are only available within this specific team. When creating a task, make sure to nest it in a project that belongs to this Premium Team to benefit from Premium features. From what I can see in your screenshot, you’re looking at a subtask. As it stands, subtasks do not inherit the project from their parent task (you can find more details on this topic in this article), so in order to have premium features there too, make sure to manually add your subtasks to your project as outlined in the guide. You can also check out this other post where I talk about this topic in more details. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the tip. Are there plans to automate that? The assumption is that you’re creating a subtask so that it’s part of the parent task, so shouldn’t it by default be part of the same team? Otherwise, I would just create a separate task, as opposed to a subtask.

As it currently is, that workaround is an unnecessary extra step.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the tip. Are there plans to automate that? The assumption is that you’re creating a subtask so that it’s part of the parent task, so shouldn’t it by default be part of the same team? Otherwise, I would just create a separate task, as opposed to a
subtask.

As it currently is, that workaround is an unnecessary extra step.

Thanks,

Alex