Subtasks indicator shows there are subtasks but the task doesn't show them

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

We used Asana for a social media project, where are topic like channels in subtasks. In last level of task all subtasks just disappeared. They have already Assignee even Description, but subtasks just gone.
Structure is: Main task: Social media / Subtask: Facebook / Subtask: Campaign / Subtask: October 2020 / Subtask: Campaign #1 / Subtask: Made banners - an at this last are all tasks deleted, even its obviously marked in checklist in step Campaign #1.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version: Google Chrome 85.0.4183.121

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Katerina_Pietonova, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for the trouble here.

I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our development team to investigate further. I’ll keep you updated as soon as I have an update.

In the meantime, are you able to search this task by its name? can you please confirm if the issue persists when you access Asana from a incognito window?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @Katerina_Pietonova, did you have the chance to check if the issue persists when you open Asana from a incognito window? :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi, its also in an incognito window.

Thanks for getting back to me @Katerina_Pietonova. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Are you using like 5 levels of subtasks @Katerina_Pietonova? :sweat_smile:

@Katerina_Pietonova I just received an update from our team and @Bastien_Siebman is right! This is related to the limit of 5 levels of subtasks. However, since you were able to made such a move that resulted in inaccessible tasks, we are investigating how we can avoid this type of issues in the future.

In the meantime, you can use the search feature to access the subtasks and make them subtasks of another task that have less than 5 levels of subtasks.

Thanks again for your report and apologies for the trouble!

1 Like

You should really consider not having that many levels of subtasks, if possible!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.