Subtasks cannot be set as milestones

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Add a task in Premium, and this can be set as a milestone. Subtasks also show the option but only if you upgrade - which you already have.
Steps to reproduce:
Add a task. Add a subtask. Try and convert the subtask to a milestone.
Browser version:
Chrome 73
Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Nathan_Nelson and thanks fo reaching out!

This is actually expected behavior, but let me explain why! From what I can see, you have a Premium team in Asana, which means you can benefit from Premium features exclusively on projects within this premium team.

As you might know, subtasks do not automatically inherit their parent task project, so until you manually add your subtask to this project, your subtask technically belongs to “No project”.

So the easiest way to have premium features on your subtask is to manually add them to your project using the “Tab+P” shortcut, or by clicking onto “Add to project” into your subtask details!

Hope this helps, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Thanks very much Marie - this is very helpful. I would have thought that a subtask would automatically inherit the project of the parent by default, when would this not be necessary?

No worries at all, we’re always happy to help!

We’re aware this is a popular request, and while I can’t share a firm timeline at the moment, this is definitely on our radar for future updates!