Sub-tasks in Timeline

Hi, is there a way to view subtasks in timeline view? Right now I can only see that a task has subtasks but cant actually expand them.

Hi @Eli_Rothstein :wave:t2:

Great question! When a subtask is created it will not automatically inherit its parent task’s project, and so will not be displayed in the project Timeline.

If you would like to view your subtasks in the project Timeline, you can do so by going into the subtask details and using the Tab + P shortcut to open the project field. Simply add the subtask to the project field and the subtask will now be visible in the Timeline!

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for that. But there is no way to have it show up under the parent task somehow? And also when dates change for the parent tasks, it will have no impact on subtasks in the timeline either, correct?

This is correct, @Eli_Rothstein! The subtask will not show up under the parent task in the Timeline.

Regarding a change of dates, I recommend looking into the auto-shifting date function for dependencies.

Should you mark a subtask dependent on the parent task, a change to the parent task’s due date will update the subtask if it causes an overlap.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you. I will play with that. On a slightly separate topic, it is possible to see completion percentage of tasks somewhere? Specifically by section, for example, if I have 5 tasks in a section and 2 of them are complete and 3 are 50% complete, can I see percent complete of that section? I dont see that available anywhere but was wondering if custom reporting can do that.

Thanks

Great question, @Eli_Rothstein.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to view percentage of completed tasks across all projects.

However, Project Dashboards will allow you to see the number of complete/incomplete tasks in a project. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.