Status Update Tracking

Hello,

I’m looking for some guidance on the best way to create a rolling list of updates for an HR department. We want to track worker issues as they come up, indicate the client and the type of issue, and provide updates as they get worked on. When the issue is closed out, I’d like to have it stored for future reference.

I’d like the entirety of the “issues” to be emailed out to the team on a daily basis.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Custom fields would be the best way to go, do you have a Premium account?

Thanks! Yes, I do have a premium account. The issue I’m running into is that I can’t get any conversations or updates to populate upon export. Ideally, every day I would:

1. export the entire project
  2. the project would contain the info on the sheet, plus all the “conversations” that took place under each task. Something like “Chatted with employee, still upset about overtime hours” or “employee called said they would mail documents tomorrow”.

Right now, when exporting, I only get the names of the tasks and their descriptions. If I want to see conversations, I have to export each task individually which is a pain. Is there a way to include conversations + tasks in the main export?

thanks.

No idea… @Edda @Cathya any idea?

Hi @Bastien_Siebman,

I can confirm that conversations aren’t included when exporting a project to CSV. Unfortunately, as it stands, comments don’t export either. I’d recommend creating a thread in the #productfeedback category so other users can vote for this feature request.

Thanks. Do you have any other suggestions to accomplish what I’m trying to do?

This wouldn’t be a complete solution, but for emailing issues to your team on a daily basis, that’s what Mesh Reports does–it sends a daily email (or Slack post) of new and completed tasks in a project (it offers other reports too). To do this click “New report”, choose “Asana” → Tasks → “Open or completed,” leaving the others options blank. You’ll then get that report daily.