Status Update Template Feature

Is there any plan to be able to add templates to project updates? Very frustrating to have to manually change this each time I have a new project. Would like to be able to create templates for different scenarios and pull them in like I do for other sections of Asana.

1 Like

Hello @anon21258358 welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:
Have a look here this might be what you are looking for: Status Update Template? - #2 by Marie and Status Update Template - #6 by Andrea_Mayer

2 Likes

Hi -

Your answer is exactly my point. We make a new project for every deal - sometimes that’s 3 a day. It works great except status updates are the WORST. Any to allow for templates of these in the future that will carry over across projects?

Best,
Megan

@anon21258358 - One thing you could consider to solve this issue would be to have a main project that connects to all the deals and then just do status updates in the overall project. Multi-homing could potentially solve this.

1 Like

No - the status update is the only way to get a brief synopsis on the portfolio level of each deal. Just strange that your suggestion is to jerry rig your system when you have templates for everything else and multiple people have asked for this - better response would be to add it to the queue of suggested features!! Status updates is the one section of your system that’s repetitive but doesn’t allow for customization to avoid “work of work.”

Best,
Megan

Hi @anon21258358:

Asana does not have a public roadmap, so your guess is as good as ours when it comes to product updates. I have brought up the status update question to Asana before and I can tell you they listen and consider it, just like every other suggestion that comes through this forum.

As for now, @Tim_Maggio 's suggestion above is a good one and I have found great use for utilizing projects as a placeholder for status updates.

Also, @anon21258358 - we are community members who are attempting to help you - not Asana employees, so your frustration or suggestion toward my response or @Mike_Tammaro or @Andrea_Mayer is better directed elsewhere, as we have literally no authority over Asana. You could try the product feedback forum or use the search feature and just add your voice to those wanting it.

Apologies - I didn’t see this online and just got a response in my email - thought it was actually from Asana! Saw a bunch of people posting similar things, hopefully (though not confident) they will someday make the suggested changes.

Best,
Megan

1 Like

Here to help! I have bookmarked this thread and if I think of/hear anything regarding status updates, I will make sure to reach out.

Best,
Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.