Start Date Tasks in Today's My Tasks in List View

My circle often uses the “Start Date” function to put a task on our radar days prior to being due. The issue we run into is that tasks with a start date of today don’t appear in today’s tasks, it only appears on the date it’s due. It seems to me that for users who primarily use the My Tasks in list format don’t benefit from this function. I’m wondering if there’s work in the pipeline to show Start Date tasks in today’s tasks in list view up until the date the task is due? Use case: I have a task I’d like to start working on Monday and it’s due Friday, so I set the task Start Date to Monday and Due Date to Friday. Come Monday, I don’t see that task in today’s list, I only see it in Friday’s tasks.

Indeed it does not work that way, task auto promotion (fancy name for tasks moving automatically between Later Upcoming and Today) is based on the due date. @Marie can you confirme please?

Hi @Renee_Mohr and apologies for the late follow-up! @Bastien_Siebman you’re completely right, as it stands task promotion is based on due date. @Renee_Mohr thanks for providing us with some context this really helps us prioritising product improvements. Unfortunately I can’t promise if or when this will be changed, but we will definitely take your feedback on board when we revisit satrt dates or tasks promotion. In the meantime, I have moved your post to the #productfeedback; I’d encourage you hitting the “Vote” button at the top of this thread!

This behavior seems critical for My Tasks to work as intended. I may have a task that will take multiple touches to complete during a specific time range (start and end date). Here’s a specific use case: Today I’m going to do this one part of the task - then delegate some work to another team member - as they complete their activities I need to come back to this task to keep moving the needle. For this to work, I would need something like a “Done for Today” option on My Tasks - where tomorrow it will bubble up again and let me determine if there is anything to do.

Having said that, the behavior I’m dreaming of seems very similar to a “Snooze” button - which would be even better where I could specify that I want to snooze this task until later today, tomorrow, or X days from now. A snoozed task would appear in the “upcoming” category with an indicator that the task has been snoozed.