Sorting project by Section

Hi,
I would like to ask if it is possible to sort both list and timeline out by using “section”

I’m making a timeline for projects by named each project with “section” and now I’m having trouble with re-arranging them into a proper order.

Please help.

Not yet. Sections are being improved and this kind of feature won’t be available for a while (if ever) apparently.

1 Like

Hi @Happy-CT, welcome to the Community Forum!

It is currently not possible to automatically sort tasks by section on Timeline. However, if you wish to add, remove or reorder Sections in the Timeline, you need to do so from the project list view. Once you’ve made changes, your Timeline view will automatically update. Please find more information in this article.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Hi Emily,
Thank you for your reply. I now understand that it is still impossible to do what I want so this means I need to reorder them by dragging in the list view, if I understand it correctly. It’s loads of work for me. However, better than can’t do anything right now.

Once again, I’m grateful for your help.
Have a great day.

1 Like

Hi @Happy-CT :wave:t5:

Quick note to let you know that we are currently rolling out a new feature that will allow you to sort your project within sections! You can read more about it in the following announcement: Launching sorting within Sections! :partying_face:

I hope you enjoy it! Have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like