Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I’m setting a Project for a task, some Projects aren’t shown at the top of the list when I type their name. They work fine when you just created them, but the next day this bug appears. It only seems to happen to Projects that were created after a certain date or that were created in the Desktop app (I recently started using Asana again and I have some old Projects that I created in the browser and some new Projects that I created in the desktop app).
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new Project (no specific settings)
- Go and do something fun with the rest of your day
- The next day, create a new task (or edit an existing task)
- In the ‘Projects’ field of the task start typing the name of the Project
- The Project does not show in the top of the list, but when you scroll down in the list, you can find the Project
Desktop app. But the same problem happens in the browser version (Chrome 106.0.5249.119)
Upload screenshots below:
usually when I want to add a task to a project and I start typing the project name it displays projects that fit the entered characters based on recently used projects or projects marked as favourites, etc
So let‘s say if I want to ads a task to a project called „Video Production“ and I also use the projects „Video Ideas“, „DE Videos“ often or they are under favourites then when I start typing „Video“ these would show first. If I then start to scroll down I might see super old projects that I have not opened for a while.
Cannot confirm if that is the case for everybody, however this is what I have noticed in the Chrome version but also iOS app.
Maybe others can share their experience as well.
Hi @Andrea_Mayer ,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I did some testing and found the following:
- All Projects marked as favorites are displayed correctly when typing their name
- Some other Projects are also displayed correctly, but I’m not sure if they are “recent”
When is a Project considered “recent”? Creating a Task in the My Tasks section and adding it to a Project does not make it a recent Project.
Could it also be that there’s a maximum amount of Projects that can be displayed correctly when typing their name?
Simply marking all Projects as favorites might be a solution here, but that prevents you from using the ‘favorite’ function for what it’s meant.