Sort/Color Code Projects by Owner

Is there a way that we could sort the projects by owners? There may be a way to do this that I’m not aware of. Currently, we color code the projects and each owner has a different color but it’s difficult remembering who has which color. We also sort projects alphabetically so that it is quick to find on the side bar.

Hi @Matt_Gugle! Are you looking to sort out projects in your left sidebar?

Yes, ideally, I would have the list of projects on the left side bar sorted by the project owner.

1 Like

Was this ever answered - would love to be able to see a full list of projects by owner

Hi @Curt_Campbell, I’m afraid this is not possible at the moment; IU’m moving this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow you and other Forum Members to vote for this feature!

I would love this feature, it would really help me understand the workload of each project manager and a quick glance! Currently, the only way I can view this is to have each PM put their projects on their dashboards and walk around to each PM and ask to see their dashboards.

Another way to accomplish this would be to allow everyone to see everyone else’s dashboard.

Project colors are a nice flexible tool for different teams to convey different kinds of information about projects. But they’re very manual–if you want to switch how you use them, it can be tedious.

We use colors to indicate project owners, and I’ve seen at least one other forum user who does as well. How about a feature to automatically color code projects by owner?

@Phil_Seeman an example of use case for Flowsana :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @Katriel_Friedman, thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback!

As your suggestion is very similar to the one you have linked to I have merged the two threads and slightly adjusted the threads name. This will allow other Community Forum Members to easily find your feedback and also vote on it!

Thanks for the suggestion, Bastien - it’s a good one! Currently Flowsana only has If-Then rules for tasks, but I can see there is value in creating rules at the project level as well. I’m adding it to the ideas list!

1 Like