Sort project list alphabetically within a Team

3 years later and still no news? Clearly this is worth paying some attention to. I’d truly appreciate being able to sort project alphabetically, please. Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @Stephen_P_Brown! As it stands, we don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but we continue monitoring feedback to consider it in the future. I recommend you checking this post to learn more about How you can give feedback and what we do next

PLEASE PLEASE add this feature. It would be incredibly useful. If you have 10, 20, 30 or more projects working at the same time…alphabetical order just makes sense to be able to find items quickly.

1 Like

PLEASE make it so we can sort projects alphabetically! I don’t understand how this isn’t a feature and my team is wasting such valuable time having me sort through these grants manually when I could have it done in two seconds and move on to something more important. SOS.

Is there a way to keep all of my projects in an alphabetized order on my “Home” screen? Every time I go into a project it brings it to the top of my “Recent Projects” and shifts where all of my other project tiles are.

Hey @Kristin_Hillman, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Currently that is not possible but here is an existing feedback thread I recommend to upvote: Sort project list alphabetically within a Team :slight_smile:

@Emily_Roman I would be curious as to what it actually takes for Asana to implement a feature request. If 3 years of consistent posting by customers isn’t going to do it, what are the criteria? I see this feature has 113 votes. Do you need 1000 to think about it? 10000? That’s how many supporters Lego Ideas needs to be considered for manufacturing by Lego. Do you have the same benchmark? Maybe we can host a campaign to do list sorting in a computer program, one of the most basic functions taught in computer science programs worldwide. I get that DevOps requires process, procedures, oversight, quality control, compatibility checks, regression testing, and all that fun stuff, but sorting? You can’t have an intern work on that feature to get their coding chops up to Asana speed?

It’s kind of sad actually, we have been using Asana for many many years. We even wrote some custom tools using your API. But the lack of some basic functionality at the ever-increasing cost has gone too far for us. We are switching over to ClickUp. You can sort your projects there. You can sort a lot of things there, among other features. Best of luck and I hope you find your way.

3 Likes

Hi @John_Virgolino, thanks for reaching out! I’m afraid I don’t have any substantial update to share with you today, but rest ensured that we’re closely following up on this behind the scenes and representing your voice.

Over the last few years, we’ve heavily relied on customer feedback to build Asana, and while we can’t always address every request as quickly as our users would like to, we do have a robust customer feedback process in place to surface feedback and feature requests; you can learn more about it in this post .

We’ve built tones of exciting things this year, including some features that directly emerged from our Community (check out #productfeedback:features-launched), and we have a lot more on the way so make sure to keep an eye on our announcements category!

If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to drop me a DM or to reply on this thread, I’ll be more than happy to help!

1 Like

This topic has been going on SO LONG that I completely forgot about this thread and just posted a new feature request before finding this thread again.
https://forum.asana.com/t/teams-save-projects-view-option-and-order-the-list/139945

I think the inability to implement something that’s pretty simple and has been voted on so many times over more than 3 years says a lot about how much Asana cares about getting the product right. They keep proudly announcing completely new features we didn’t ask for but don’t listen when experienced customers provide honest usability feedback to help make it better.

Is that unfair comment? Then please prove it!

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. There are so many basic interface management features that aren’t available it does make you question what is happening at Asana.

We have a list of 50+ teams (I have no idea if that is a lot or not) and it is a total pain (and waste of time) to scroll through all the various teams to find the one of interest. Sure, ordering them myself is possible, but the more I have to do manually the less and less I need tools to help?

Maybe Asana can’t actually figure out how to alphabetize the Teams list?

As it stands, we don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but we continue monitoring feedback to consider it in the future.

I honestly feel for you and your predecessors trying to cover for a failed project management for years now.

The fact that Asana after many years is incapable of delivering even the most basic features of a modern software product (e.g. list sorting), even though receiving tons of community feedback, speaks for itself.

I suggest you soon switch to monitoring your decreasing license sales, maybe then you might consider listening to your community.

As a front-end developer reading this thread made me wonder whether the guys at Asana have lost their minds…

Having projects sorted alphabetically must be implemented. This shouldn’t have to be negotiable.

We decided to try out Asana at the beginning of the year and frustration with protect alphabetical sorting is causing the company to want to move to your competition.

Perhaps we will stay, perhaps not, but things like this is putting the company on the fence.

Good day, as I read on this forum Asana clients are not getting immediate solution on requested feature for sorting the project names alphabetically in the home page, left column, for easy browsing and looking for a particular project in less time. I think this needs your immediate attention and solution based on increasing feedback and complaints. Please assist to provide timeline when is this problem going to be resolved by Asana. This will at least give assurance to clients that Asana is really working on this problem. Thank you.

Yes! Please bring this feature to Asana. Not being able to alphabetize the projects is currently the bane of my existence on Asana!

I am ready to walk. What company leaves a basic and repeated request unanswered for four years. Anyone know if Monday has sorting?

2 Likes

Yes our company needs this too!

Any update on this @Emily_Roman and @Andrea_Mayer?? Seems to be a good time to announce we can now all sort our projects alphabetically.

Knock knock, anybody there?
How’s this sorting thing going?
Not being pushy but, anywhere close to some results maybe?
A progress bar is very much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I’m afraid I don’t have any updates about this feature at the moment. We’ll post an update in this thread as soon as we have one!

Hi @Emily_Roman Can you please be upfront with us? We’ve been asking for this feature for years. Is this not in your roadmap to do at all? Or can you provide us a date when this will be complete? Other project management tools can do this and wondering why Asana doesn’t.

1 Like