Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example)

Any update on this? It would be nice to be able to filter by multiple criteria.

A feature I desperately need is to be able to filter a search by more than one category in the sort list.

For example:

1. Iā€™m searching for Custom Filters called Estimation Teamā€™
  2. Then I need to sort them by project
  3. Then I need to sort them by date due

Can it be added?

2 Likes

Ability to sort tasks by multiple fields not just one. For example, we have two fields in our project: Status & Team. Weā€™d like to first group the items by Status, then by Team in a view for quick dashboarding.

1 Like

Hey there, thereā€™s an existing suggestion for this one. You may want to add your vote to it too.

I totally agree. It would be so helpful if Asana let you sort by multiple categories. What I really need from my teamā€™s project is to sort by category and by due date. Right now if I sort by category the tasks are not in due date order so I canā€™t quickly view the timeline for a category. When tasks are out of chronological order, I find it frustrating to move projects forward. And if I sort by due date, I then canā€™t sort by category. Adding this additional sorting would be so helpful!

1 Like

Ability to sort tasks by multiple fields not just one. For example, we have two fields in our project: Status & Team. Weā€™d like to first group the items by Status, then by Team in a view for quick dashboarding.

Hi Natalia,
Is the team anywhere closer to resolving this feature request? Could you please share some insight as to the ETA? Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi Natalia,

I wanted to follow-up on Ellieā€™s question as I am also really needing this feature to keep using Asana. Is there an ETA for this?

Thanks very much!
Meghan

2 Likes

Hey Natalia,

weā€™re using monday.com with our fulfillment partner and filter the tasks by many criteria as it is quite long. This feature to filter by more than one criteria is essential for us and doesnā€™t seem like a big challenge to code. Is there any plan whether youā€™re already working on this?
Thanks a lot!

Tim

2 Likes

just to clarify. filter by multiple criteria in monday.com is basic. we need to have that in Asana as well.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Could you give us ETA, please?

Thank you.

Adding a +1 to this topic. We have a project for tracking meetings that need to be booked and I use statuses of ā€˜LIVEā€™, ā€˜WAITINGā€™, ā€˜HOLDā€™.
Iā€™d like to be able to have a filter to see Live and Waiting (so only HOLD is hidden).
Is this feature on the roadmap?

The Asana team has allocated sufficient resources to make a unicorn that flies across my screen every time I complete a milestone, but I canā€™t sort my personal tasks by project AND date?? I canā€™t see sub-tasks on the timeline??

It would be really nice if we didnā€™t have to wait YEARS for important and SUPER BASIC features to get added.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see timeline filters added as well. This would be super helpful to send a timeline snapshot to a specific assignee or group of assignees in a department so they donā€™t have to weed through a very complex timeline to identify their own critical path. Thanks!

1 Like

For us itā€™s the ability to filter by Multiple Custom Fields that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :slight_smile:

Years later and still no update here? Is this not a priority or is there any plans to do this in coming months? This is a vital missing function.

1 Like

This would be very useful on the board. I would like to sort by Priority and Due date.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone
It would be great to have the ability to filter and sort on multiple fields within the Portfolio and Project views
Ta
Darren

Hi @Darren_Walker1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

As it stands, itā€™s currently not possible to sort by multiple custom fields or options. We already have a thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example) - #37 by Greg_Harned to centralize feedback.

Today, I really need this feature. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Emily_Roman, is this product enhancement, on the radar? Is there a tentative timeline by which we can have this functionality?

Thank you.