Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example)

Hi,

Sky View Suites, a Toronto-based property managment company, is diving head first into Asana and loving it. The webapp is fantastic and has unlimited opportunities for organization.

One of the most important feature additions in our opinion would be the ability to sort tasks by multiple features, for example assignee AND due date.

Is this a possible feature addition?

Nico
Sky View Suites Operations Manager

22 Likes

Hi Nico, I am looking for the same, I think Asana is missing this feature. I have been using Asana and I can say how widely flexible it is (which I love) in terms of creating tasks and assign them across several projects, creating tags etc. However when you go to a view to customize/sort the way you would like to see your/everyone tasks to be displayed it does not offer us that extraordinary flexibility. I hope that this is improved in the near future. At the moment, I have to spend extra time (costs) sorting tasks for myself and everyone.

7 Likes

I agree entirely with this! This is a standard in many other programs and it is really disappointing Asana has not addressed this yet. It should be quite clear that sorting, for example, by priority AND due date would be very helpful.

9 Likes

Fundamental requirement!

6 Likes

When sorting in a project, have the ability to sort by multiple columns. For instance, I have sorted the project by Assignee, but I would also like it to sort by due date. Currently, you can only pick one or the other.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Tammy_Preston :wave: and thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us!

There is an existing thread requesting this functionality so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to avoid duplications and consolidate votes. I hope itā€™s OK.

Have a great Thursday!

Absolutely! Thank you.

1 Like

Is this thread actually requesting two things?

1. to simultaneously apply multiple ā€œSortsā€ (hierarchically, ideally with ascending and descending options)
  2. to simultaneously apply multiple ā€œFiltersā€

Both 1 & 2 are distinct, but should work together as well.

(Or is there another thread for the multiple Filters request?)

7 Likes

in answer to my own question, vote here if you want multiple filters as well as multiple sort criteria: More than one filter in the filter option

6 Likes

Yes for Sure, Really needs that multiple Filter option in the Kanban Boards and Also requires a filter in the Calender view.

With this two things Asana would be Complete and Perfect!

3 Likes

Hi, also for our sales boards i would love the function with sort option for multiple custom field. Now i need to make an excel export to filter. bit bothersome :frowning:
kind regards
peter

exactly thought the same, should be 2 topics

Asana is a really great programme that we are using, however, I have found that when trying to filter down a project by multiple fields (e.g. client type, Region, priority etc.) when wanting to extract data into a CVS, I can only select 1 filter at a time. I think it would be a really useful feature to be able to add multiple filters to a search so that the information extracted can be more specific.

1 Like

I want to add my 2-cents on thisā€¦

Yes to these:

1. to simultaneously apply multiple ā€œSortsā€ (hierarchically, ideally with ascending and descending options)
  2. to simultaneously apply multiple ā€œFiltersā€

Add to those:
Multiple filters allow you to pick 1 or more of the parameters within each one. In other words, if I have a custom field with 10 parameters, donā€™t lock me into filtering by only 1 parameter. For example if I have a TEAMS custom field, and I want to filter to show teams 1, 3, 8. I should be able to do that.

1 Like

We would like to be able to filter tasks by multi selecting custom field values. Our tasks have one of multiple categories assigned via a custom field. It would be very useful to filter for more than only one of them in the list view, as well as in the advanced search. So far we were not able to come up with a workaround, which makes organizing big projects more complicated than necessary.

I agree. On ā€˜My Tasksā€™ list view, I would like to be able to Filter by Project (so I only see a certain project), and then Sort by Due Date. Currently, you can only Sort by Due Date OR Sort by Project, and there is no filtering. We put items into 3-week sprint projects, and I would like to only see whatā€™s on the current 3-week sprint project, not whatā€™s in the backlog.

4 Likes

Very flexible sorting is available in Asana2Go (disclaimer: Iā€™m the creator):

Larry

Please allow sort by multiple fields in task list view. As a project manager.I need to be able to sort by assigned to, date then priority fields.

3 Likes

I agree 100%. I need to be able to sort shared project tasks by assignee then due date, and for my individual tasks, I want to sort them by priority and then due date. When youā€™ve become used to being able to do multiple levels of sort in Excel for as many years as I can remember, it seems crazy that this isnā€™t a basic function of Asana.

5 Likes

Agreed 100%. Multiple fields filter is a must have !!

2 Likes