Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example)

exactly thought the same, should be 2 topics

Asana is a really great programme that we are using, however, I have found that when trying to filter down a project by multiple fields (e.g. client type, Region, priority etc.) when wanting to extract data into a CVS, I can only select 1 filter at a time. I think it would be a really useful feature to be able to add multiple filters to a search so that the information extracted can be more specific.

1 Like

I want to add my 2-cents on thisā€¦

Yes to these:

1. to simultaneously apply multiple ā€œSortsā€ (hierarchically, ideally with ascending and descending options)
  2. to simultaneously apply multiple ā€œFiltersā€

Add to those:
Multiple filters allow you to pick 1 or more of the parameters within each one. In other words, if I have a custom field with 10 parameters, donā€™t lock me into filtering by only 1 parameter. For example if I have a TEAMS custom field, and I want to filter to show teams 1, 3, 8. I should be able to do that.

1 Like

We would like to be able to filter tasks by multi selecting custom field values. Our tasks have one of multiple categories assigned via a custom field. It would be very useful to filter for more than only one of them in the list view, as well as in the advanced search. So far we were not able to come up with a workaround, which makes organizing big projects more complicated than necessary.

I agree. On ā€˜My Tasksā€™ list view, I would like to be able to Filter by Project (so I only see a certain project), and then Sort by Due Date. Currently, you can only Sort by Due Date OR Sort by Project, and there is no filtering. We put items into 3-week sprint projects, and I would like to only see whatā€™s on the current 3-week sprint project, not whatā€™s in the backlog.

4 Likes

Very flexible sorting is available in Asana2Go (disclaimer: Iā€™m the creator):

Larry

Please allow sort by multiple fields in task list view. As a project manager.I need to be able to sort by assigned to, date then priority fields.

3 Likes

I agree 100%. I need to be able to sort shared project tasks by assignee then due date, and for my individual tasks, I want to sort them by priority and then due date. When youā€™ve become used to being able to do multiple levels of sort in Excel for as many years as I can remember, it seems crazy that this isnā€™t a basic function of Asana.

5 Likes

Agreed 100%. Multiple fields filter is a must have !!

2 Likes

Any update on this? It would be nice to be able to filter by multiple criteria.

A feature I desperately need is to be able to filter a search by more than one category in the sort list.

For example:

1. Iā€™m searching for Custom Filters called Estimation Teamā€™
  2. Then I need to sort them by project
  3. Then I need to sort them by date due

Can it be added?

2 Likes

Ability to sort tasks by multiple fields not just one. For example, we have two fields in our project: Status & Team. Weā€™d like to first group the items by Status, then by Team in a view for quick dashboarding.

1 Like

Hey there, thereā€™s an existing suggestion for this one. You may want to add your vote to it too.

I totally agree. It would be so helpful if Asana let you sort by multiple categories. What I really need from my teamā€™s project is to sort by category and by due date. Right now if I sort by category the tasks are not in due date order so I canā€™t quickly view the timeline for a category. When tasks are out of chronological order, I find it frustrating to move projects forward. And if I sort by due date, I then canā€™t sort by category. Adding this additional sorting would be so helpful!

1 Like

Ability to sort tasks by multiple fields not just one. For example, we have two fields in our project: Status & Team. Weā€™d like to first group the items by Status, then by Team in a view for quick dashboarding.

Hi Natalia,
Is the team anywhere closer to resolving this feature request? Could you please share some insight as to the ETA? Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi Natalia,

I wanted to follow-up on Ellieā€™s question as I am also really needing this feature to keep using Asana. Is there an ETA for this?

Thanks very much!
Meghan

2 Likes

Hey Natalia,

weā€™re using monday.com with our fulfillment partner and filter the tasks by many criteria as it is quite long. This feature to filter by more than one criteria is essential for us and doesnā€™t seem like a big challenge to code. Is there any plan whether youā€™re already working on this?
Thanks a lot!

Tim

2 Likes

just to clarify. filter by multiple criteria in monday.com is basic. we need to have that in Asana as well.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Could you give us ETA, please?

Thank you.