Sort My Tasks by date in default view

I am hooked to the default My tasks view, and use it to manage incoming tasks, see and plan what’s for today, and get a hang of my upcoming work. The only thing that bugs me: I always want my tasks to be ordered by due date and time, so that my tasks - and this is mostly applicable for today and upcoming - are newest first.

Now the only way to do that is manually putting everything in the right order, and the next day, when tasks have shuffled between, for example, Later and Upcoming, the dates are mixed up.

Of course there is a sort by date option, but that removes the lovable new-upcoming-later interface. So in a nutshell, I would like to automatic sorting by date within the default new-upcoming-later My tasks view.

Thanks already! :hugs:

We run a lot of projects simultaneously, and each team member has many (typically 30-100) tasks in their “Upcoming” section of My Tasks. The “Today” Section is generally sorted manually since that’s a manageable number, but when a due date gets pushed out and the task marked for Upcoming, there’s no way of predicting where it will fall in the Upcoming list. That makes the upcoming section basically meaningless, because it doesn’t show at a glance what is coming tomorrow or the next day.

Obviously you can switch to calendar view or sort by date, but then you lose the helpful visual of keeping everything in one view.

Did you consider pushing more tasks into Later, based on their due date? To lighten the load.

It’s not always practical to make them due later.

My Tasks is planned to evolve into a “regular” project so you’ll have more flexibility when it does.

Hi all, with the recent update in My Tasks, you can sort your tasks by due date within sections by default. Your My Tasks will always remember the last order you selected for your lists. See more details in our announcement here:

1 Like