Sort by Due Date - ascending or descending option

When sorting by Due Date, Asana assumes I want to see the most overdue first/at the top.

But it’s also helpful in many instances to see what’s up coming up/what’s most recently become overdue with the oldest tasks at the bottom because those older tasks might actually be less important than the ones coming up or recently expired.

Would love the option to choose Due Date - ascending or Due Date - descending.

Thanks Asana.

18 Likes

Hi @KarenV and thanks for your feedback! I don’t believe we’ve planned to make this change in the near future, but we will defintiely keep it in mind for future improvements!

5 Likes

OK, thanks @Marie.

2 Likes

I would like the ability to switch due date view (ascending/descending) on Boards as well! It would be very helpful!

13 Likes

Thanks for voting on this @Bob_Herring!

1 Like

I added the comment below to the Ability to reverse order when Sorting by Custom Fields thread as well…

I agree. It seems strange to me that someone would build a sort field with only one direction? Why would someone ONLY allow for ascending sort OR descending sort? It is common to have a need to sort in both directions depending on the need.

11 Likes

Agree! It would really benefit our team.

6 Likes

This would be hugely helpful. Especially when viewing completed tasks. There’s no way in the list view to see the most recently completed first and I’ve got tasks for some projects that go back for years. Pleas add this functionality. Thanks!

12 Likes

We would also be helped by being able to sort by due date both ascending and descending.

We want to view all tasks, but naturally we want the most currently relevant tasks at the top, so we don’t have to scroll down to the very bottom every time we view the tasks.

Are there any plans to implement this feature? Seems like it would be a 30 minute dev job to make this possible.

Thank you!

5 Likes

I want this too!! Another feature that could do a similar thing is the ability to sort out completed tasks.

5 Likes

@anon95256442 and others,

Until this feature becomes available in Asana, you might be interested in ascending/descending and multiple sorts in Asana2Go which is free to most users/companies (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

Larry

1 Like

Out of the kitchen sink of features that asana has it is very weird and frustrating that you are specifically disallowing ascend/descend sort on date and custom fields. Please change this! Or at least make it an option

4 Likes

Kia ora,

How do I change the sort order by due date in a project list view?

Currently, it sorts with the oldest task at the top. I would like to sort with the newest task at the top. I’ve looked and can’t find this feature. It’s probably really obvious, my apologies if so! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your assistance,
Simon

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Simon_Oosterman1 :wave: and thank you for reaching out!

As it stands, it is no possible to change to the order when sorting by due date. By default, task are sorted in a descending order.

I’ve gone ahead and move your post the #productfeedback category to allow you and other users to upvote for this functionality. I’ve slightly edited the title to make it more discoverable to other users. I hope it’s OK.

Have a great Monday!

1 Like

This is a definite must-have, especially now that Launching sorting within Sections! 🥳 - #13 by Ben_Brenner is rolled out.

3 Likes

Big +1 here. Kind of surprised you guys didn’t build this in by default. I can’t think of any basic apps that don’t have this automatically when sorting any columns.

Looking forward to its implementation!

4 Likes

Having to scroll through years of tasks to find one i completed today is utterly ridiculous.

8 Likes

Hello, when is this coming? It’s pretty basic and critical functionality to be able to sort descending, so that you can see the most recent items at the top.

6 Likes

Totally agree with the above. I desperately need the ascending/descending option. I’m shocked I can only choose one.

3 Likes

totaly agree this is needed

2 Likes