Sort and filter project by multiple fields (Due date and assignee for example)

Hi @Hema_Sri_Sankarneni, thanks for reaching out! As it stands, itā€™s currently not possible to filter or sort by multiple custom fields. We have a thread in the forum on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback!

I donā€™t know if this is the same topic or a different issue but in addition to the suggestion in this thread, it would be nice to filter by a single field with multiple options.

Example: Drop-down for ā€œclientā€ has 10 options. I can filter to show one at a time, but what if I want to show a specific 2-3? I know I can do an advanced search in the project, but itā€™s not the same. I donā€™t see the tasks organized in the project sections with all the other fields visible.

2 Likes

Any news on this request? Right now I donā€™t use the filter options almost at all. I want to be able to see everything in the project that was a) due today OR b) due before today. This is because I want to have it automatically not show any reoccurring tasks that wonā€™t be due until later, without having to update the due dates of any tasks Iā€™ve run behind on.

7 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m also wondering if there is any news of this request and if not, what the timeline is for how quickly we will be able to see it? It would be EXTREMELY helpful for my workflow and save me a lot of time. It sounds like it is the same with others.

Thanks,
Meghan

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to see the ability to add multiple sorts in the project view.

Some projects that we use capture issues or feature requestsā€”we generally need to categorize by priority and time commitment. We find ourselves manually sorting the list often to visualize what is a priority and what we have time for.

Iā€™m sure there would be many other use cases for this feature.

2 Likes

Hi @Ryan_DiBartolomeo, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

This is a popular feature request and we do have an existing #productfeedback thread open for this request in the forum. Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll keep you updated in the main thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just adding yet another request to be able to sort by more than one parameter. As others have said, this ability would be tremendously helpful, and would save a LOT of time. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi there!
When you are sorting, sometimes you want to sort by Priority, then by project and finally alphabetically.
Now you only can sort only by one of them.
It would be helpful to be able to sort by more than one category, as you can do in Excel for instance.
Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Hi @Carlos_JimƩnez_Cabel, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2: Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. :slight_smile:

As it stands, itā€™s currently not possible to sort by multiple custom fields. We already have a thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with Sort project by 2 criteria (Due date and assignee for example) to centralize feedback.

Iā€™ll keep you updated in the main thread if anything changes!

1 Like

So just to be clear - in nearly 3 and a half years Asana still has not added this vital feature since users started requesting it?

4 Likes

To Kelseyā€™s point, is there any update on the timeline for when we can expect this feature? Thanks so much!

1 Like

We would love a double sort feature to be able to sort by multiple custom fields. We use custom fields to have a status on a task as we have multiple steps it goes through. We currenlty have our main project setup as sorted by status. Within that sort we would like it to then sort by due date as well so we can see oldest to newest within each status of our process.

1 Like

Hi @Keestan_Willes, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. :slight_smile:

As it stands, itā€™s currently not possible to sort by multiple custom fields. We already have a thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with Sort project by 2 criteria (Due date and assignee for example) to centralize feedback.

Iā€™ll keep you updated in the main thread if anything changes!

1 Like

When are you going to actually provide an update on when/if this is going to be addressed?

2 Likes

Is there any timeline on this? Seem like a lot of people are needing and has been a request for 3 years now.

2 Likes

Any updates on this topic? This is important for my team and I am now looking at replacing Asana with Monday.com.

2 Likes

Same here - I am also considering switching to Monday.com given the inability to sort and filter project by multiple fields, even though I love so many things about Asana!

1 Like

I would add my vote this.

Trialing Asana at the moment. I have already discovered two functions that I consider to be basic (this and being able to see sub-tasks on a timeline) both have threads going over years with multiple upvotes and neither has been implemented. Should I look at Monda.com again?

2 Likes

There is a workaround for thisā€¦ It stupid but works.
You can create an automated rule for a column called show: yes/no
The rule can change status of this task if itā€™s passed/current day to show:yes or show:no.
Then you can filter tasks for today and past based on this column This is how I managed to work around thatā€¦
In my opinion, itā€™s shame that Asana doesnā€™t have such an optionā€¦

When using the custom sort have the ability to select multiple conditions. For example we have Status as one of our custom fields. I would like to be able to view a few statuses at once.

Also be able to select multiple conditions to sort, due date, assignee and a custom field