Show Project + Tag in My Tasks (IOS)

productivity
projects
feature
tasks

Hi,

I NEED Help!!

When I access Asana through my web browser (Firefox) on a Windows/Mac machine, when in “My Tasks”, all tasks are shown with Projects and Tags. In addition, I can also sort these tasks by projects.

When I access Asana through my phone (Android), when in “My Tasks”, I can select “Projects + Tags” in the “Show With” drop down.

When I access Asana through the iOS app (Phone/Tablet), when in “My Tasks”, no tasks are shown with Projects or Tags. In addition, I cannot find any option to show the task’s project. Many of our tasks use the same language like “upload pictures” or “call client” or “create landing page”, etc. Employee’s are confused and have to select every task in order to figure out which project this is apart of. In addition, projects are color coded by their type so there is a lot of information lost when not being able to quickly access their “My Tasks” list. It is very difficult for them to use and they are complaining.

My entire office uses iOS phones so this is a big deal. How can I see in “My Tasks” the task’s Project/Tag? I assume it is there since every application has it. I’m only having this problem with the iOS app for phones and tablets.

Thanks.

Hi @Dominick_DeSarno,

This is a great question, and it’s nice to see you using the product across multiple browsers and platforms. You rock! :sunglasses:

An easy fix for this issue would be for you to create some saved Advanced Search Results, that you share within your team. You can create one for each specific Tag / Project / Team Member, or you can simply create them to include Multiple Projects and Tags within one report:

Once you create and save the Advanced Search report you were looking for, it will appear in your Reports section on the left side of your Desktop Screen:
09%20PM

Next, you select that Saved Search Result (Report), and share the URL with each team member that needs access (Note: Reports will not be shared within your workgroup by default):
43%20PM

Once you perform the steps listed above, all users on iOS will see their saved Favorite search results under the Projects tab with a :star: in front of them (Example: Of my iOS view):

And there you have it. Search results specific to any Project and Tag on iOS. :unicorn: I hope this helps. Have a great day! :+1: