Show Project Name with Tasks on Calendar in My Tasks

It would be extremely beneficial to view the Project Name and the Task in the same container on the Calendar. (I’ve attached a suggested layout change.) We have multiple projects with the same Tasks so without the project name the calendar view is useless. It is too cumbersome to click through every task to see the associated Project. Also the assignee is not as important as, say a “Progress” custom field so I’ve rearranged the two.

10 Likes

I use the Team Calendar for daily and weekly view of tasks but in order to see the Project that each task is associated with, you need to click to open the individual task cards. It would be nice to see a small folder tab on top of each task within the Calendar view, displaying the Project name. Alternatively, a mouse-over feature would work well, where Project name and additional details pop-up. Finally, a color-coding feature would add a helpful visual element to the Team Calendar and if you could then group Projects by color and filter / sort them, that would make the Team Calendar a real asset to productivity. Thanks for your time! ~matt

1 Like

I like your idea about adding a small tab on top of a task in Team Calendar view so it’s easier to see what project it’s a part of! Or the mouse over feature too.
There is one feature you mentioned that does exist. On the left side bar, if you click the three dots next to a project, you can set the highlight color. That highlight color should appear on all tasks for that project in the Team Calendar. Another color filtering tool would be to add tags to projects. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I agree. A calendar that shows a projects a team member was working on rather than task. Then you could toggle between the two if needed. I also like the idea of grouping them by color. Good idea Matt.

1 Like

This is something really missing for us too. Can we get this turned on as standard? We will have hundreds of projects from template with the same task being scheduled and without seeing the project name in the calendar the whole beauty of asana is gone and we need to seek an alternative solution. …

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Project Names and subtasks in calendar view

project name in calendar is a must.

5 Likes

you may vote for this feature …

1 Like

Asana team - any update on this?

5 Likes

Not at the moment, but I’m keeping a close eye on this thread and will make sure to give you an update as soon as I have one!

6 Likes

Can we thumbs down a post to show our dislike of it? LOL . But seriously, it would be super helpful if the calendars were more refined like including the Project name preceding the task. Also, the calendar view in portfolios would be better if you could have a summary view of the concurrent projects, like a roll-up level in other project scheduling tools. I come from a Primavera background, so hopefully you know or can imagine what I’d like to see here.

1 Like

+1 for this

1 Like

+1 on this

1 Like

This should be a straightforward change, project name and task should be easily viewable on the calendar. I agree with all past comments regarding this. Clicking on the task in calendar view to see the project is clunky and wastes time.

Everyone would greatly appreciate this change.

1 Like

Would love to have this option. We have hundreds of tasks with the same name, colors don’t help, etc., etc.

My workaround is to name the task as:
Task Name: Project Name

Example:
Send to Editor: Emily and Richard
Confirm Proofs: Emily and Richard

Extra work when the tasks start adding up per project, but it’s really the only way to make the calendar work for us. Please add this option!

1 Like

Hello, I would love to see this feature as well! We do event-based planning most of the time, so it’s difficult to set up events/projects, and then not be able to see all of the projects/due dates on the team calendar. Having to view each project calendar independently makes it hard to see just where we are in terms of overall event-readiness.

Honestly- This is so absurd that it does not exist. It’s been a glaring issue for over a year and it’s insane this isn’t already a fixed issue. How is this proper management if I cant see what project is what in an overview?

1 Like

I’ve just been using Asana for a couple months, still on the free version.

Wondering if there’s a way to customize the calendar. I checked the documentation (Asana calendar view options | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) but couldn’t figure out a way to have the calendar just show project titles and not display all the tasks associated with the project.

Thanks.

Hi @Ed_Geis, welcome to our Forum, I’d be glad to help! You are correct, at this time, Calendar view only shows tasks within projects, but not the project titles.

We do have a thread on this topic, so if you don’t mind, I’m merging your post so that you and other users can add concentrate your votes in a single thread for this feature request. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how to see project names in the calendar?
let’s say you manage weekly phonecalls with your clients and have “Phonecall” as tasks.
then you see several “phonecall”-task in calendar, but what project?

because i see that your dev department has so many long awaited features from the community and is not able to fulfill their needs, could you please advice me where i can post “asana extension programming” so the community can establish an external programming hub to self develop all the missing things, e.g. a fully working calendar.

is there

1 Like