Show if a field is in use across other projects

My team has dozens of Asana forms set up across our Marketing group and an in-depth form fields library because of it. I recently set up a new form, select and existing field form from the library and edited it, without realizing that it was already in-use and linked to another team’s form. Luckily the owner of the other form was notified of the change, and was able to revert changes since she didn’t want that update on her form. I ended up creating a new field entirely as to not cause an error on her form.

All this to say, it would be really useful if there was a way to see what form fields in the library are already in use and on which forms, so it can then be determined in an edit is appropriate for all forms that are using that field. Screenshot attached - thanks!

Hi @Sara_Castanien, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

To clarify, making changes to any fields that live in your Organization’s field library will make changes to this field across all projects it’s currently being used, not just on Forms.

I’ve gone ahead and updated your title to reflect this. Hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile: