Show/Hide Activity Feed

This feature would be super useful,
we use comments to up date a task concerning multiple people, and the task hitory is just in the way.
It should be just in a menu.
There is already too many things happening in the task detail sid panel!

1 Like

+1 for me.
Would love to see this feature implemented.
Don’t know why a simple concept like this takes so much time to happen (apparently the original post is from over 2y ago). But I will keep my hopes here.

1 Like

Two years later, replying to my own thread! As we use Asana more and more, improve our processes, and have more people involved, the activity feed is increasing in importance while at the same time really distracting and making it harder and harder to see the important conversation happening around our tasks. It’s gotten to the point where I’m starting to be open to exploring other options. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put some attention toward this. It really does appear to be a simple fix.

6 Likes

Really surprised this isn’t a feature yet, seems like quite a simple one. It’s super annoying, we often have activity feeds per topic spanning 30 lines. It serves no purpose for us!

1 Like

why is this even still a thing? perhaps the single WORST part of Asana is the endless activity lines. Please let us toggle on/off, as I would do it SYSTEM WIDE if I could. this one feature lack keeps me from wholeheartedly recommending this app to others.

who could possibly not vote for this feature request? lol. please asana folks, give us this ability, and help change lives for the better!!

hope this will be helpful as it is for me
add a bookmark into your browser like this
paste this:
javascript: ( function() {var TaskStoryFeed = document.getElementsByClassName(“FeedMiniStory”); for (var i = TaskStoryFeed.length - 1; i >= 0; --i) {TaskStoryFeed[i].remove(); } })()
it do noithing, but removes from documents DOM all history tags. just for own comfort view

and then just simple click on that bookmark:

hi, can you test my solution for activity feed?

I literally made a bookmark
I added this:
javascript: ( function() {var TaskStoryFeed = document.getElementsByClassName(“FeedMiniStory”); for (var i = TaskStoryFeed.length - 1; i >= 0; --i) {TaskStoryFeed[i].remove(); } })()

I looked at asana.com pages I use, and chose a task with lots of history.
I clicked the bookmark.
nothing happens. ;(

hm, work well both in chrome and firefox
script should be in URL field
you also can watch in chrome developer console class of every single history item and write it here:
document.getElementsByClassName(“ [ here ] ”);
so when you click on that bookmark, script find all tags with this class and removes them
(after page reload all history will be on the its place)

weird. I try this and it doesn’t work for me. I do see that it works for you just fine. what might I be doing wrong?
I make a book mark with this in it

javascript:%20(%20function()%20{var%20TaskStoryFeed%20=%20document.getElementsByClassName(%E2%80%9CFeedMiniStory%E2%80%9D);%20for%20(var%20i%20=%20TaskStoryFeed.length%20-%201;%20i%20>=%200;%20–i)%20{TaskStoryFeed[i].remove();%20}%20})()

literally that. I click that bookmark wheel on a page in a note in asana with history stuff, and nothing happens. nada.

Very excited to see that asana has finally implemented the show/hide task history feature. A great day!

4 Likes

Yup @Patrick I just came here to say the same thing! Now we have:
Which is definitely and improvement to me…

2 Likes

Our new collapsable stories are now available to 100% of users!

Thank you so much for your support and advocacy; the feedback we received from the Forum and our Global Community played a huge part in the prioritization of this feature request!

Marking this thread :white_check_mark: and looking forward to your feedback!

5 Likes

I do not see how to do this on my iPad or IPhone app. What am I missing?

But how do I hide the activity?

1 Like

Likewise, I’m looking to hide the activity feed. Please show me how to do this. Thx

1 Like

I would like to add my vote to this - I find the activity feed clutter to be one of the big disadvantages of Asana compared to other task management systems. Yes all the pointless comments can be removed by clicking the x on each line, one by one, but that’s a lot of xs to click on … How hard can it be to either make activity feed optional, or just (even better) have a little hide/show activity feeds button in account settings.

If that’s not possible, then at least the option to remove all activity feed clutter by clicking on one x, instead of having to click on every line/comment

1 Like