Show/Hide Activity Feed

+1 on this. Please hide this. Very annoying for tasks that have a lot of updates.

5 Likes

+1 as well!

2 Likes

nothing yet??? come on guys!

need it as well +1

+1 Just started using Asana and the history is extremely unnecessary in most cases. There should be a feature at the Project level to toggle this on or off.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m hoping on this bandwagon with a vote. I am surprised this hasn’t been addressed yet.

+1 on this! The activity feed is often more distracting than helpful. It gets in the way of viewing conversations and updates happening in the comments. Please add this feature!

I’m not sure how to do this, but a quick look around at the Stylish theme didn’t reveal any quick ways to make it happen. Good idea though

Hey @Marie, can you merge this post into the duplicate post I found and linked below?

I want to see if this request can move up the list for development, so there should be somewhere close to 100 votes on the post I linked above after they are merged, give or take a few votes that may be duplicates.

Thanks,
Matt

2 Likes

Just merged them there, thanks @ThatGuy!

Howdy, just weighing in on this conversation to make a plea to have the activity field at the bottom (below everything) and have it expand/collapse AND/OR the ability to hide/show it. It’s really just disruptive to the UX and most teams don’t really need it unless something gets deleted, or there is a question on who updated something.

3 Likes

A Vote from me as well! Fingers crossed for this simple fix as this has always be an annoying feature to me. It pushes important comments/files far down, especially when it is a complex task. And really clutters the UI. Now that I am training other team members and departments in my organization it has become the #1 question once they start using Asana - which is really saying something.

2 Likes

Registered here just to put a +1 on this topic.

Sad to see more than one and a half year without result.

2 Likes

Please!

Sorry if this is a rant…but really it’s a product feature request. We can’t be alone in this. How many of you have lengthy description fields in a task, followed by a dozen or more subtasks, followed by the action history that shows every little change, followed by dozens of comments? I know we do.

The issue is that there’s no way to show or hide these or expand…or something. It causes the user to have to scroll for eons to get to the field you need to look at, but then you have to scroll all the way up to get to another field. For example, you have a description field with info for a designer and your team uses the comments to discuss changes, after which you make final changes to the description. You have to keep scroll up and down to see comments and see what they’re referring to.

This is even harder to manage when there are loads of subtasks too. A simple button to click that says “expand” or “show more”, which by the way is a feature in the Comments section, would solve this issue.

Thoughts? How do you deal with this?

2 Likes

That is a great idea !!! Especially the action history gets too long and i would love to hide them !!!

3 Likes

Thanks @Das_Praxisteam! I would think many people would love this option. I have many tasks with long descriptions and any time there’s a change, the history list gets longer and longer. @Alexis do have any ideas on how to fix this or suggest it to developers?

1 Like

I too would very much like to see the history to either be hidden by default or have a setting that would allow us to hide it by default. It’s quite distracting and while I appreciate having the ability to look at it when needed, it is not something I need to see on every task every time.

2 Likes

@Marie there is another thread for this with 91 votes - perhaps this one should join it (including the extra 5 votes)

Just merged them @Ruth_Newnham, thanks for bringing this to my attention!