Show/Hide Activity Feed

Barbara, this is one of the biggest things that makes Asana look “messy”. I second (or hundred) everyone else’s feeling. This would help a lot with adoption in my org.

1 Like

@ASANA: in 2 YEARS you were not able to add a simple checkbox for just hiding the activity in Asana?? Sorry, but how slow is your team? Even without the 100 users here its very obvious, that a huge list of activities is just annoying / useless and makes the comment section very chaotic and useless as well.

Why isnt it possible to add a simple checkbox for this? Or when are you going to do that finally??

1 Like

If someone deletes a logged activity, can other team members find those logs? So for example, if a team member makes a change and then deletes the log, can I see all of the deleted logs? @Alexis

This is an example if history I get on a task that I keep pushing and pushing. My feeling is that it should be compacted in some way, makes the comment hard to read before and after with all this “noise”… Maybe collapse those information?

1 Like

Agreed, I’d like to collapse that history but still maintain access. Right now, I find myself often deleting all those back and forth entries (thus completely losing that history) as they take up half my screen for minimal value.

1 Like

It will be helpful when the history on the tasks is collapsible, or has the option to view (as opposed to the history always appearing, and only going away when manually deleted)

The value of this is evident with tasks that require modifications, and multiple custom fields. There is value in seeing the history, but when it shows up on the tasks it clutters the tasks, and separates the comments from the task description

Thanks for your feedback @Boo_Reiser and apologies for the inconvenience. We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I some update on this question!

2 Likes

Where is the new thread for this?

Also please let us collapse ! Single worst thing about using asana, having to scroll through all the history noise to see texting stream

Or put texts above the history : just as good a solution

I can not find the thread on this topic. collapsing history… please, how can we do this? my history is such a mess, so long, full of useless information as we have learned to use asana and traded out from one staff member to another.

1 Like

Hi @ron_proulx and apologies for the confusion; as it stands we do not have a feature to collapse task history. I was referring to this thread we’re currently discussing on (see comments above) on which you can vote for this feature to be implemented. If you haven’t yet, you can officially record your vote by clicking on the “Vote” button above.

1 Like

It bloats the screen and steals focus from the important stuff

2 Likes

Hi folks,

We actually have another thread on this topic with quite a few votes, so I’ve gone ahead and merged this thread with Show/Hide Activity Feed to help gather all feedback and votes advocating for this feature request!

This feature would be super useful,
we use comments to up date a task concerning multiple people, and the task hitory is just in the way.
It should be just in a menu.
There is already too many things happening in the task detail sid panel!

1 Like

+1 for me.
Would love to see this feature implemented.
Don’t know why a simple concept like this takes so much time to happen (apparently the original post is from over 2y ago). But I will keep my hopes here.

1 Like

Two years later, replying to my own thread! As we use Asana more and more, improve our processes, and have more people involved, the activity feed is increasing in importance while at the same time really distracting and making it harder and harder to see the important conversation happening around our tasks. It’s gotten to the point where I’m starting to be open to exploring other options. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put some attention toward this. It really does appear to be a simple fix.

6 Likes

Really surprised this isn’t a feature yet, seems like quite a simple one. It’s super annoying, we often have activity feeds per topic spanning 30 lines. It serves no purpose for us!

1 Like

why is this even still a thing? perhaps the single WORST part of Asana is the endless activity lines. Please let us toggle on/off, as I would do it SYSTEM WIDE if I could. this one feature lack keeps me from wholeheartedly recommending this app to others.

who could possibly not vote for this feature request? lol. please asana folks, give us this ability, and help change lives for the better!!

hope this will be helpful as it is for me
add a bookmark into your browser like this
paste this:
javascript: ( function() {var TaskStoryFeed = document.getElementsByClassName(“FeedMiniStory”); for (var i = TaskStoryFeed.length - 1; i >= 0; --i) {TaskStoryFeed[i].remove(); } })()
it do noithing, but removes from documents DOM all history tags. just for own comfort view

and then just simple click on that bookmark: