Customize the order of project view tabs

Entirely agree, I have tried to get teams to use this feature more, as it is a great way to exchange comments for ideas or new tasks that donā€™t really have a ā€œspaceā€ yet in the project. But they usually donā€™t adopt the feature, since it is so hidden.

An idea ā€“ why not make it a ā€œbuttonā€ as an icon instead of words? Itā€™s not really a ā€œviewā€ like boards, timeline, list is ā€“ itā€™s more of a feature for each project. If you use a simple ā€œchatā€ button (that doesnā€™t conflict with the comments icon), it would allow easy access without confusing people!

3 Likes

Please make the conversations tab visible, and preferably able to be put as default starting tab.
This is a very very strange design choiceā€¦

5 Likes

I would definitely love to see Conversations moved next to list or even better the ability to move around the tabs as we see fit. In other words the ability to customize our tabs to how we use Asana. It seems like a pretty intuitive thing to have/ do for a product like Asana where everything is so easy to love around with a a drag and drop.

1 Like

I love that idea. A big bold Conversations Button would be awesome, especially when clients love to complain about Asana being so difficult to understand, anything like this to make it easier on clients would make our lives a lot easier.

1 Like

Just chiming in because this would be an awesome feature!

Although on the contrary - If conversations were super accessible, I can imagine people just using the conversations feature to manage tasks instead of making use of the main product of asana which is task / project management list / board.

People already use slack to do their conversations - so people need to actually make a habit + learn to use Asana for what itā€™s strength is - The task management features.

Anyway. 100% agree that this is a feature that would be super useful so please implement it asap! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An ongoing internal issue is having staff who need to fill in a form for task creation pressing the ā€œFormā€ tab and then editing the forms fields rather than clicking a provided link to the form. This has caused issues multiple times.

Screenshot

It would be extremely helpful to be able to ā€œhideā€ a tab to prevent issues such as this (or at least be able to move certain tabs to the ā€œmoreā€ section ala ā€œConversationsā€ & ā€œFilesā€). Perhaps in this case, all tabs would only be permission based on a project?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Rory_Mulford and thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback! Itā€™s currently not possible to manually hide or move tabs in your projects. However, if you change the user permissions to Comment Only, they wonā€™t be able to see orr access the Forms tab.

This is genuinely infuriating. Should we not be encouraging users to have discussions?

As it is now nobody sees this tab or knows itā€™s there - Literally none of my colleagues are aware of its existence. There is no reason to hide this tab under a sub menu, nevermind that there is also no reason to stop us from re-ordering menu items.

1 Like

My team uses the List function most, followed by Conversations, and Timeline not at all. Is there a way to edit this menu so Conversations will appear after List, instead of in the dropdown menu? thanks.

@Claire_Tompkins currently the header isnā€™t something that is customizable across an org/workspace or even at the project level.

Iā€™ve provided a screenshot to further point out what you are referencing:

I hope you donā€™t mind that I moved this post to the #productfeedback category so other users can vote for this request. You should too!

2 Likes

Thanks @LEGGO! We also have an existing thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merge these comments with the main thread to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not at all! Thanks for doing that. It would be a very helpful feature.

It would be great if we could decide the order in which the navigation in each project appeared. We use conversations A LOT. Itā€™s super obnoxious that you have to click MORE and then Conversations before getting access. I would love to make that visible with 1 click!

It is an interesting request, Iā€™ll upvote.

Some people (like me) never use Boards for example and that would be good to push that Board to the right. However, having an inconsistent UI is probably not something Asana will go for. So your only chance is if they somehow rework on Conversations and make them more ā€œreachableā€.

HI @anon54560339,

We already have a #productfeedback on this topic so Iā€™ve merged your post with this existing thread to gather all feedback in one place!

I would love to be able to customize the order of options that show in my toolbar. Right now, Messages and Files are under the More option, but I would rather move these around so they are quick access for certain projects where theyā€™re more applicable.

You have my vote @anon804227! I definitely see instances where Iā€™ll use Messages more than Calendar in particular projects. Reordering this header could be beneficial. Iā€™d also recommend that perhaps it be something considered when you ā€œsave layout for everyoneā€

Donā€™t forget to vote yourself! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @anon804227 and @LEGGO! We already have a thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your posts with the main thread to consolidate feedback.

Hi Emily, I googled this topic and came across this thread, which I can see has been open for several years. Is there any progress you can share with us all on whether the option to improve visibility of messages and/or customize the project tabs is coming any time soon?

Hi everyone, Iā€™m happy to announce we are launching the ability to customize project tabs. With this update, you can now reorder tabs in your project :tada: Learn more about this update here:

3 Likes