Show all tasks in chronological order in a project?

Hello :slight_smile:

I am running reports for some of our projects and have run into a snag - or more of a question really.

When I run a task report there are a number of options to then sort the list - for example by date due, date created, assignee etc.

What I’d really like to do is to be able to sort the list by project and then by date - effectively showing me all upcoming tasks in each project in chronological order.

I can seem to do one or the other, but not the two together. When I sort tasks by project i can’t for the life of me work out what order they are then sorted in, it’s certainly not by due date or assignee.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi John

I’m afraid you can’t currently sort by more than one field, but there’s an existing thread on this subject in the Product Feedback section, if you’d like to add your vote:

Best wishes

Thanks Mark - will do. I suppose the curious thing for me is that there is obviously some kind of default secondary sort criteria, i just can’t work out what it is :slight_smile: best, J

Yeah, I agree, that one’s a bit of a mystery. I thought it might be sorted by the date the task was created but that’s not right either. For now, if I want to get more specific insights I tend to export to csv and filter it that way. It would definitely be good to have more options on this feature.

Fingers crossed it gets added at some point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bridge24 for Asana has a grid view that allows you to multi-sort your tasks by project, then by due date. More than that, you can multi-sort on any field you want, including date fields and custom fields. Give it a try!