Show all tasks from across projects in Portfolio

Hello,

My department is implementing Asana to manage tasks and projects on a per facility basis, with over 200 facilities in our division. In order to add visibility to facility and division leadership, it is necessary to rollup the tasks for individual facilities into a compiled list, which can then be dashboarded. To facilitate this, we’ve created roll-up projects within each district, and add the task to both the facility level project, as well as the district roll-up project. However, we have different levels of management, that would not need a compiled district level list, but may only need a compilation of 2 or 3 facility projects.

My suggestion would be to add functionality to the way the portfolio system works, so that it would function more like a roll-up project. Instead of just a basic list of separate projects in the portfolio, the portfolio could compile all tasks from each project within the portfolio, so that they can be represented in a compiled list and calendar, and also display on a dashboard. This would allow users to create ad hoc roll-up projects for every project where they have visibility (members). In this way, each of our users would be able to compile their own areas of responsibility, but not have access to other projects (facilities) in which they are not involved. And, we would not have to create multiple levels of roll-up projects for different levels of management.

1 Like

Hi @Don_Bell, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! I’ve gone ahead and updated the title to make your request more discoverable to other users.

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

@Don_Bell - Be aware. Many of us have been waiting for 4+ years for far simpler requests to get implemented.

You’re likely going to need a different solution if you ever want this functionality. Asana is not know. For making great advancements in their feature set the way ClickUp and other apps are.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. Such a simple feature. I will have to keep looking around for better software.

2 Likes