Shifting Excel Timeline to Asana

Hi everyone,

I hope my topic is in the right category, and am i in the right place to ask for help. I’ve been trying some things with Asana, but am afraid that the software does not match with the demand. Unless maybe someone sees opportunities to use the software for my intend.

I added an attachment which visualizes my program (now in excel) in a nutshell. We grow plants, and within the years and cycles we have multiple locations, compartments and groups.
For every compartment there is a dedicated set of tasks of which we calculated the right day/week automatically, dependant on the previous task, and the leadtimes (time between two tasks). If i change the date in the beginning, the rest of the tasks shifts.

A nice to have is to also have the planned date (based on leadtimes), and the realized date. But this feature is not crucial.

I hope the image is clear, and that someone can steer me in the right direction. If i know it can be done with Asana, i will be sure to further exploring the possibilities.

Thanks so much,
Ben

Hi @Ben_Bos, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the usecases category and updated the title slightly for better visibility. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Rebecca!

I hope that someone is able to steer me in the right direction :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like