Setting task due dates based on distance from the project due date

Hello, I’m wanting to be able to set the task due dates automatically based on the project due date i.e. 90 days prior to due date. I can see the calendar function but am wanting to avoid the wasted time in computing this myself each time. I’m sure there is a way of doing this but I can’t seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Melissa_Little and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Our 3rd party integration Flowsana developed by @Phil_Seeman should help you to set the task due dates automatically based on the project due date.

You can read the following post: Flowsana: workflow automation for your Asana projects to find more information about it.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any follow-up questions

1 Like

Hi @Natalia & @Melissa_Little. You can sort of do it with Template Projects. If you create your template project and then have your Tasks set at 90 days after that date eg today + 90 days. When you create a new Project off that template with a new Start of Next Week that task will be set to 90+7 days…

Would that work @Melissa_Little?

Jason.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jason_Woods for your suggestion. I completely misunderstood the request.:see_no_evil:

@Melissa_Little you can learn more about templates in the following article: How to Use Asana Project Templates | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Please, let me know if you have any follow-up question!

Have a great day!

1 Like