Set Recurring Task Due Date as the nth Occurrence of a Day of Week

+1000. For the workload feature to work well for our team, we need to “reserve” days off for paid holidays. Some holidays are not as simple as a repeating date, but are like “the 3rd Monday in February”. Some business events also occur similarly, e.g. “1st Friday in June”. Please implement this!

2 Likes

For me, this feature is critical. This will probably guide my decision to keep Asana or not

4 Likes

+1 - this is must for me too

1 Like

I agree it’s really important to me as well

Is this function still outstanding? That’s dissapointing

1 Like

I really hope they add this feature soon. How is this not a standard feature already?!?!

1 Like

Please add this functionality. It’s really keeping my organization from utilizing Asana fully.

2 Likes

This feature is a must-have! Please add this functionality - people have clearly been asking for this for a long time.

1 Like

There needs to be a way of setting up a recurring task for say First Monday of the month, not just the day of the month. I work in an accounts team and we have alot of things due on the first Monday of the month, or the first and third Friday of the month. There doesn’t seem to be this option, even under the “custom” option.

1 Like

@Bree_Gower, Great suggestion. I agree that this is a custom setting to be added. I added my vote.

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Bree_Gower! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead merged your post with Set Recurring Task Due Date as the nth Occurrence of a Day of Week to centralize feedback! We’ll make sure to update the main thread once we have any updates.

any update on this Asana?? We really need this for managing recurring tasks and meetings at our organization. a super basic feature that would be easy to code!

1 Like

Emily, any update? We’ve been using the Business level Asana for our 12-person organization for 8 months now and pretty concerned when simple community requests like this go unresolved for years. We are paying a large sum for this tool and wondering if the development is keeping up with it? Please update. thanks!

6 Likes

Is there an update on this feature? A lot of other tools have this functionality and it would be great to see it carried over into Asana. Currently using “Every 4 Weeks on a Monday” then manually adjusting as the time approaches and it ain’t the best :frowning:

1 Like

Hi! I also really need this for our business. Is there any update? It’s disappointing to read this thread and see how long it’s been an issue and how little Asana has done to take action.

3 Likes

Hi @Lauren_Easton and @Maria_Swang! I’m afraid we don’t have any updates at the moment but we’ll make sure to update any as soon as we have them! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

Please add this feature. It is needed very much!

1 Like

It’s NOW 2021 - HOW IS THIS NOT DONE YET. This was - and still might be - a deal breaker. Every other tool has a “bi-weekly” “bi-monthly” "every two/three/five/six weeks and “the first Monday” and the “last Friday” - come one Asana, get this one done for us finally! Four years we’ve been waiting??

2 Likes

I am HORRIFIED that this is not already a feature for a supposed project management tool. I am even MORE horrified that users have been requesting this since September 2017 and NOTHING has been done.

Seriously, this is standard everywhere else. What gives?!

2 Likes

Absolutely - I would love to see this rolled out soon or at least a ETA on delivery. Frustrating that this is a feature that many would assume Asana would just have only to find out when they are already committed to a premium level that it doesn’t exist.