Set a date to automatically add an existing tag to a task

Hi there,

We’re looking for a solution to automatically add tags to tasks on a specific date. For example, we would like to be able to ensure that a specific tag will be added to a task on, let’s say, February 1st. Is there any way to do this in Premium teams?

Thanks for getting back to me,
Robert

Hi @Robert_Haedicke, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to automatically add tags to a task on a specific date. As a workaround, you can try using our Rules feature. For a Rule to work, you need a trigger that activates the Rule and an action that is performed automatically. For example a Rule can be to automatically add a custom field to the task (action) when a due date is set (trigger).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your quick response! If you don’t mind telling me: Your suggestion would require individual rules to be set with a Business account, right? Our Premium account seems to only offer simple versions of rules, like marking a task as done if moved to another section.

Kind regards
Robert

You are right, @Robert_Haedicke! You would need to use the custom rules builder to create this specific Rule.

Rules are available for customers using Asana Premium. Certain features within Rules including, the custom rule builder, custom rules with conditions, approval status changed trigger and add comment action are only available to Business and Enterprise customers.

Thanks!