Separators appear in search result count but don't display

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
A separator, like in My Tasks, when searched does not appear in search results display list but is counted as a match there.

I’d like to know if you intend to include separators in the search results list ultimately or not.

Steps to reproduce:
Make a separator in My Tasks (see below)
Search or Advanced Search by its name

Browser version:
Chrome Mac or PC current

Upload screenshots below:

In My Tasks:

After search for separator name (as indicated in top right), it says 1 result found but results list is empty:

1 Like

Hi @lpb :wave:

Thank you so much for taking time to report this. Other users have reported this same issue, and our Development Team has confirmed that it is actually not a Bug but an intended behavior following the changes made to Sections.

We have a thread regarding this topic in the #productfeedback category, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. In this thread, our Pm John has provided a workaround that might be useful for you; you can find it here . I’ve also escalated your feedback to our Team so as soon as I have an update about it, I’ll make sure to post it here.

Have a great week @lpb !!

Thanks, @Natalia, I’ll await your reply from the team because I don’t believe my report is the same as the others in this thread.

My screenshot shows an internal inconsistency: count of search results is 1, but search results presented is 0.

Additionally, I’m talking about Separators and most of this thread is about Sections. Unlike new Sections, Separators are like old Tasks; they are tasks with Separator appearance, not real Sections.

I’m also not necessarily requesting Separators to appear in search results; just asking if the team is one day expecting to change the count to 0 in my example, or starting showing the Separator in search results…

Thanks,

Larry

Hi @lpb! :wave:

You are completely right. Apologies for the misunderstanding. I have already escalated this to the Development Team and I’ll be back to you as soon as I have an update.

I’ll move back your thread to the Bug Category to avoid confusion. I hope it’s OK :slight_smile:

1 Like

I appreciate this, and no worried at all, @Natalia!

Larry

1 Like