Separate App/Browser log in session lengths

There is no distinction between session lifetime in the browser and session lifetime in the App, but it is commonplace to want a longer session length in the app, and most apps allow the user to differentiate the two.

This is compounded by Asana, which has a clunky login that does not take into account the user’s referrer URL, and always just “goes home” after login, which means that when you are trying to login on a fresh session from the app, the first attempt does not redirect back to the app, and you end up having to “login” twice.

Hi @anon19279571, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! While this isn’t something that is currently on our roadmap, hopefully our Product team can implement it in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

My web app stays logged in all day, but my desktop app logs me out MANY times per day – is it just because I’m in my browser more than the web app recognizes activity vs. not being “in” the desktop app as frequently? It’s pushing me to use web version more

1 Like

Hi @JD_Nelson1, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

We do have an existing request for this feature in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your request with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement soon! I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile: