Stratelyze is proud to announce that we are adding a new tool that I believe is quite innovative for adding tasks and projects through a mass update. We will be adding beta testers tomorrow so anybody interested please message me. So here is the substance:
Currently Asana can duplicate tasks with options, duplicate projects with options and for premium users create project templates to use as the basis for new projects or import a CSV file for task additions. Those of you that have been here a while know I was very active using the CSV file and contributed for free CSV To Asana Simple List Generator- My Gift To Community - #42 by James_Carl. As the CSV file has had some additions I need to check its continue functionality but Asana2Go and Bridge24 are way ahead. but… drum role
I hired a wonderful programmer that I will tell you more about shortly that did a great job in developing Sendana Add. The heart of Sendana Add is re-occuring projects but it takes this to a whole new powerful tool that:
A. Allows you to **add multiple new project copied from an existing project or utilize tasks within an existing project.
B. Add tasks to existing projects selected from existing projects without duplication or a complicated lenghthy imported CSV file. It is all based on your custom set of projects that you keep for new clients, repetitive processes etc. and…
C. It has all the selection features of copying a task.
D. All you do is set up your master project or buy them from @Bastien_Siebman at https://templana.com and you are set to go.
E. Here is all you have to fill out for example
F. If you want to add new projects to an existing Team(s) in mass you put a 1 in the column.
G. If you want to add new tasks from and existing Project(s) to another Existing Project(s)
you put 0 in the column.
H.You should create your set of repetitive tasks with all the power of Asana within a Sample Project with all your options and then simplify the addition.
I.After you load the simple structure CSV File Sendana Add does all the rest.
J. This will be a hosted application and loop to as many entries as you desire (within reason
Again we are in the beta testing stage but it is working well so let me know what you think.
That looks very powerful! Count me in for the beta!
This utility is now completed thanks to some very dedicated work of my developer @Mahmudul_Hasan from Upworks. He stuck with it all the way to the end and now I am doing some beta testing. Also developing one more tool for my Asana tool box. Asana Developers really can do some amazing things and groups should consider them for tools that are niche to there needs. @Bastien_Siebman is to be thanked for http://productivity-experts.com/. And @EricLegault, the poor guys has to try to translate the mind of a CFO into code that works. I truly love what we have done with www.sendana.net and more to come shortly. And look at what @Phil_Seeman and @lpb Larry Berger have done.
Bravo, @James_Carl! Sendana Add sounds very impressive and a worthy addition to the growing Sendana juggernaut! Also, thanks for the shout out.
We will release for general public testing probably by end of week or early next week. We decided to add two choices on custom field porting, Port the field but leave empty or port the field with current entry. Here is the flexibility it will have:
1. Create new project from existing project with multiple options within same organization
2. Create new project from existing project with multiple options to an organization that you are a member by authorizing tool in your initial use
3. Add tasks from an existing project with multiple options to an existing project within an organization
4. It has tremendous flexibility but of course will not be rocket fast because using the API
5… You will be able to create as many project, tasks as you want as it will be a CSV file with multiple lines allowing multiple processing.
6… It is a hosted utility
7. Very few entries to add to the CSV file and download either a template for free users or paid users based on features included only in the premium and above Asana plans.
Here is its flexibility)
|Target Team|||SA| Sendana Add|
|Source Project Name|||SA| Sendana Add Demo Project|
|Recipient Project Name|||ACTY| Accounts Payable|
|Copy to New Project|||0=Add Tasks 1=Create new project|
|Start Date|||Y| (Premium Accounts)
|Dependencies|||Y| (Premium Accounts)
|Custom Fields|||Y| (Premium Accounts)
|Custom Field Content|||Y| (Premium Accounts)
Unless the unexpected happens tomorrow is the big day for the beta release of Sendana Add the most powerful third party replication tool that is currently available. I decided to add cross-Organizational/Workspace capabilities a very major addition. We pushed the API to the maximum and Custom Fields were a real challenge because Asana has limitations and so does the API. But my developer @Mahmudul_Hasan came through. So now we handle custom fields to the maximum that is allowed. This is fully explained in the instructions. Sendana Add even error checks your custom field copying privileges and gives you intelligent error checking so you know when you have to add custom fields across organizations. Within an organization Sendana Add does it for you. Here is an example of how Sendana Add will tell you what you need to do.
. So we have full copying and creating of Custom Fields within your workspace/organization and we can tell you what Custom Fields you need to set up across workspaces/organizations you are a member and have rights to update the custom field.
This will be a huge benefit for consultants helping other Asana clients. Asana only allows actual full members logged into their organization to create new custom fields.
But it does not end there. We are using a CSV file for now and as long as information is added accurately you are off to the races to create most everything you want. And the information you add is very basic. I am attaching the line split between organization/workspace data and robust option switches.
Pretty simple right! By the way the options should look very familiar to Asana users duplicating projects and we expanded for even more flexibility. For instance do you want to create a custom field or do you want to create a custom field and use its current value.
So now the list of capabilities is expanded from my earlier post to be:
1. Create a new project from an existing project with multiple options within same organization
2. Create a new project from an existing project with multiple options across organizations that you are a member.
3. Add tasks from an existing project with multiple options to an existing project within an organization_**
4. Add tasks from an existing project with multiple options to an existing project across organizations you are member.
5. It has tremendous flexibility but of course speed is dependent on the API.
6. You will be able to create as many lines of various combinations as you desire once you understand the processing speed for each line.
7. We have tried to add robust error checking to assist you when you accidentally add something wrong.
8. If the community likes the great flexibility we will go from a CSV file input to on screen population, but don’t let the CSV file scare you off as the input is extremely basic compared to other CSV creations in Asana.
9. We handle Tags, Dependencies, Custom Fields, Start Dates so you can create a library of projects to replicate or a library of Projects you want to add to other Projects.
10. A downloadable template is available for Free Subscriptions and a template for Paid Subscriptions to reflect premium features.
The uses extend to many combinations:
1. Are you using projects for clients and want to add a group of tasks to all your clients?
2. Are you using Teams as Clients and you want to add a new project across your clients? The flexibility allows you to point at the Team where you want creation to occur.
3. For those of you that want Asana to develop Task Templates, you have an interim tool because unlike anything currently available you can choose to create a new project or just add tasks from an existing project to an existing project.
4. The processing speed is consistent with other tools using the API but you can of course allow Sendana-Add to run in the background.
5. This was birthed out of the desire to do mass processing and flexibility to all Asana user plans. Users will have to respect the API call limits but adding multiple lines within reason works. Call limits are at the user level and protects the API from being burdened so don’t try to add 1000 lines to run for days
So tomorrow when I post the hosted web access give it a whirl and we will see what needs to be fixed if anything and how it may help you. We have robust instructions that pop up in a PDF reader tool and can be printed if you desire, so for now use your CSV templates that are available and the future may hold complete online matrix population. See you tomorrow.
As promised , Stratelyze LLC is proud to release the public beta version of Sendana Add. The utility is hosted by a secure website and can be accessed at Sendana Add or instead of the hyperlink https//stratelyzedemo.com. Please report any problems either through a direct message to me on this community or email@example.com. I am also attaching the instructions that are also on the website if you desire to see what Sendana-Add can do and the ease of use. What can you do with Sendana Add
Hey @James_Carl I’m struggling to access the site. I’m using Safari and it says the connection isn’t private and it won’t let me into the site.
Hi @paulminors, you can click on the advanced button and click on proceed to the site from the link below. I hope this will allow you to access the site.
Thanks! That worked a treat
Well done guys. I’ve been playing with Sendana Add and this is going to be incredibly useful when sharing project templates with clients and moving projects across accounts. It also addresses an issue that new users face if they need to consolidate projects from one workspace into a new organisation. Keep up the great work
Congrats on the launch
Did you consider adding a loader while a file is loading?
When you upload a file, currently the only thing that happens is that the browser (Chrome in my case) shows a little message in the bottom left corner. If you don’t see it, you can believe nothing is happening. These are loaders https://loading.io/
We have recently added an audit trail for copying Projects or Tasks across organizations to help users. It is an Asana requirement that creating custom fields can only be done by members of an organization. Sendana Addwill give you a listing of any missing custom fields that have not been set up in your target project across organizations. We still create the project and your can either add the custom fields and populate or add the custom fields, delete the tasks and run copy tasks only thus solving your problem. Sendana Add I believe is the only cross organization tool that has robust features on Custom Fields and the ability to add only Tasks instead of Projects while maintaining the ability to add projects in entirety. In addition we have added a second feature to identify any assignees or collaborators in your source project that are not in your target project and the task where the exception occurred. This will allow the user to quickly do some housekeeping to perfect the creation of the new project. And of course the much requested Task Template can materially be done with the option to add tasks only instead of an entire project.
I’m using Sendana Add and Sendana Date in my organization and saved a lot of time.
I have a model project to duplicate for at least another 100.
If I did this in Asana, I would need hours and hours for this, but with Sendana I just needed to create a csv with the name of the other 100 projects I wanted to duplicate and then just select the group that would like to change the date.
Simply sensational and very helpful.
Super congratulations on initiative, work and support when I did not know how to do something.
We have consolidated access to both Sendana Add and Sendana Date to a single URL called www.sendanatools.com. Finding all kinds of interesting things that can be done with Sendana Add beside it master scope of copying full projects or tasks from a project. It can serve as the much requested task template by virtue you can pick to copy only tasks from an existing project. One user wanted to add a couple new custom fields across all projects (presumably clients). With the multiple line feature, create a new project with one task containing any new custom fields, and then copy task across multiple projects that you are a full member. Lots of time savings ideas.
What Can Sendana Add Do
Does this allow me to add multiple projects at one time with a project template that applies to all but different data?
What do you mean by all but different data?
Disregard that. I am just trying to say import multiple projects at one time with a template that autofills each section/custom field with data