Seeing others' tasks

It used to be that I could see all the tasks in a project. As the PM, I often assign tasks to others. I’d love to be able to see all of these in one place. It seems that the only way to do this now is to use the “advanced search” feature. I’m using Asana to communicate with small student groups on small projects, so I have been using the free version. Is there no longer a way to see everyone’s tasks in the free version of Asana?

Hi @Peter_Rich! With the free version of Asana, you should be able to search your student’s name via the Advanced Search and access their My Tasks by clicking on their name. You can then sort your view by project to see what task they have assigned in which project.

Alternatively, you can also access a project and sort the view by assignee to see how many tasks within this projects are assigned to each person.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions! :slight_smile:

@Marie,
Thanks for the reply. The problem I’m having is that doing any “advanced search” brings up a dialog asking me to upgrade. I just checked, and it looks like that is not the case for older projects in a different workspace. I’m wondering if there is something about the way I created this workspace that would be causing this.

I see @Peter_Rich! When we started Asana, the Advanced Search was a free feature. Later, when it became a lot more robust we made it a Premium feature. As it stands, Workspace created while the Advanced Search was free are still grandfathered in the old system and benefit from the Advanced Search (you’re one of the lucky ones!).

In the meantime, back to your initial question: you shouldn’t need the Advanced Search to search for your students names, you just need to type the name in the search bar and click onto their name to access their My Tasks; I have attached a screenshot from my test free Workspace to help you visualize. Hope this helps!