See a list of tags?

Tool is ready to be released :slight_smile: just waiting on the domain name, should be ok tomorrow #teasing

1 Like

It’s time to go wild and give me feedback: https://minimalist-work.com/asana/tags

Is it useful? Is it user-friendly? What feature do you expect next?

THanks!

5 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman

Wow, very nice!

I connected Asana and when I first selected any of my listed orgs/workspaces in Tagsana, I got the message that there were no tags there. But when I tried again a minute later, voila, there they are!

I like that you give the tally of the number of tasks using each tag, and have a button leading to that tag’s list view in Asana.

One suggestion would be to be able to click a column heading to sort by that column.

Another is to add a button to let the user return from a tag list back to the org/workspace list screen.

Very cool!

3 Likes

Great job, @Bastien_Siebman! It worked perfectly for me (I didn’t run into the “no tags” initial message @Phil_Seeman did). But I agree with his improvement suggestions or, for the last one, if a pain to return to the org/wksp list, at least a Home link in the header to return there and then allow Start to be clicked once more. Well done!!

1 Like

17 posts were split to a new topic: Tagsana integrationz

This is soooooo pretty! Thank you for taking the time to put it together! Was looking for a solution to a client request and bam, there you were. Thank you!

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman Holy Cow…I have been in Asana for just a few months and you keep coming to my rescue before I even know what I need! This is beautiful!

2 Likes

At your service, my lady :sweat_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am replying on Monday, December 30, 2019. When Asana was younger, it gave better support for tags by providing a tag list accessible via the left sidebar. Then, at some point years ago, someone at Asana decided that tags were better replaced by projects. For instance, rather than having a tag for Priority, you should have a project of high priority tasks. This was about the same time that adding custom fields became an added value feature available only to paying subscribers. My advice is to abandon tagging and create projects that serve the same purpose, or else pay up and use Custom Fields.

For myself, I am a solo act and would gladly pay a reasonable fee, but I doubt that I will ever be able to marshal a team of five or more colleagues because, like me, the people I work with are established and already have their preferred collaboration and PM systems in place.

I don’t want to get off-topic from this thread but FYI there may be hope for you:

1 Like

I would really like to use colored text to make a list of tags used by color within a notes section that I’ve created in Asana. I look forward to having colored text in descriptions

Hello - Definitely want to try this. Solo act here, needing to share a seat or two for a few week sor so at a time, then move on to the next.

Hi @Juliana_Bolden and welcome to the forum!

I don’t work for Asana so I don’t have any influence on their pricing decisions.

FYI they’ve stated that at present it’s not possible for someone to opt in to participate in their less-than-5-user test, so you’ll have to wait to see if they end up offering it as a general subscription option.

Is there any way to reorganize tags other than chronologically based on the date they were created?