Sections are dead! Long live sections!

I just wanted to thank you, @Joe_Trollo, for exposing is_rendered_as_separator a couple of days ago in response to my, and others’ request (mentioned in the now-closed post: “Tab+N” new shortcut to create Sections).

I just rolled out an update to Asana2Go earlier today so that it works fine once again after the changes to the product made earlier last month.

I know this is a product issue, not an API team issue, and I understand how Tab-N and the removal of “:” needed to precede a lot of other work for you all there, but springing that without warning or recognition of some key implications has been and continues to be a hardship. We still can’t create sections on mobile, right? Exports can’t tell what’s a section and what’s a task. And in my particular case with Asana2Go, this change caused a lot of time to figure out what was going on, request and wait for an API change (which again I greatly appreciate, and was done in just three weeks start to finish), then implement it, all unplanned. I know this isn’t common, and you all work hard to prevent it, but I hope future changes are vetted more deeply internally, or more inclusively.

Thanks,

Larry

4 Likes