Section, Activities Project or Family Project?

Good afternoon everyone,
and thank you to those who will read this!
My name is Eugenio and I work for a non-profit organization whose goal is to support and assist patients and families affected by a rare and very serious illness.
I have been tasked by my superiors to transition everyone to Asana, and we are about thirty people. Our work is divided into various areas, and the one for which I need your help consists of psychological, social, and bureaucratic support for patients and their families. There is a dedicated area composed of psychologists and social workers, divided by North_Center_South Italy.
I’ll give you concrete examples: we organize meetings in schools to raise awareness and educate on the subject; we offer psychological support to siblings and parents of patients; we provide a teleconsultation service for the kids; occasionally we organize community sharing moments… I could go on, but we can succinctly say that a good part of this area’s work is patient-oriented.
Now, we are trying to figure out the best way to proceed:
A) Create a project template for each individual “activity” we do and then create a project every time we “do that thing”.
B) Create a project where we set up a rule that upon creating an activity (which I imagined would have the patient’s last name) automatically creates all the sub-tasks to provide that service.
C) Create a project titled with the kid’s last name, inside which each section corresponds to a different service we offer. The idea would be to also create a rule here that automatically, when a task is moved to a certain section, creates the sub-tasks to achieve the goal.

Option A, perhaps, I would exclude: for each activity A we would have N projects as many as there are patients: so a total of N*A (consider that our patients are 800).
Option B seems the most practical from an “order” perspective. There is only one project per type of activity, and you can set a rule that allows you to automatically create the sub-tasks.
Option C seems the best conceptually: I find the idea of having a project that follows the life of the kid very stimulating. I imagine that, after a long time, having all the information and actions taken by us and/or the patient could be an added value.
At the same time, I would like to draw attention to the fact that, at least in theory, social workers and psychologists must enter information about interactions with patients and families into an existing database (in addition to, of course, entering medical records when they arrive).
I really thank those who can give me some food for thought because I feel we have to choose between two distinct paths.
Goodbye and have a good day!

2 Likes

Hi @Eugenio_Baroncelli , I’m an experienced Asana Solutions Partner and most of my daily work consists of consulting people like yourself on the best way to setup their Asana space for their projects and processes.

As you are a non-profit, I would like to offer you 3 hours with me, completely free of charge. :slight_smile:

I will be more than happy to explore the pros and cons between your 3 options (I’m personally between B & C).

Feel free to click on my profile photo and then the Message button or contact me via my website:

5 Likes

@Eugenio_Baroncelli,

You’d be in good hands with @Richard_Sather and with his generous offer.

You may benefit from this free workshop video with Q&A to help select from among the alternatives you presented:

I would think Task Templates could help for each of the types of service with their steps as subtasks.

For grouping them for kids who have more than one service, either use a project for each kid or, if a lighter weight approach could work, just a parent task for each kid.

All decisions would depend on the details, which I’m sure Richard will suss out with you.

Thanks,

Larry

5 Likes

woah,
thanks!!
I just contacted you by your website. Could you confirm you received my email?

Wish you a nice day
Eugenio :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Received, @Eugenio_Baroncelli . Please check your email inbox!

Looking forward to working with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Larry
you are always kind :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely have a look to the webinar. Thanks also for teaching me the “template task”… I did not know I could do that: to obtain the same thing I made a rule that said: When a task (family name) is moved to the Section “X”, then create these “N” tasks…
This seems easier!

2 Likes