Secondary Sort of My Tasks

Hi Asana Community,

I just created a list of tasks with different due dates and several of them are tomorrow. I am sorting the list by due date which looks great except I’m not sure how it’s sorting within that. I thought it would be alphabetical, but it’s not. Here is small sample of what it looks like:

Go through Lifehack videos
Take out trash
Write
Read

Does anyone know what the secondary sort is for My Tasks?

Also, moreover, is there a way to change that? I would love to have “Take out trash at the top” as it’s done first thing in the day, then Go through Lifehack videos, then Read, and then Write. It just makes going through my checklist easier. Also, this may or may not be important, but the tasks are not all in the same section. They are in the same project.

Hi @DWilliams, thanks for reaching out!

At this time, it’s not possible to set a secondary sort when sorting by Due Date, and viewing multiple tasks of the same Due Date.

My suggestion would be to add Due Times so that there is a clear order of what sequence tasks should be completed in. You can find more info on Due Times here: How to complete task fields | Product guide • Asana

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Rebecca_McGrath. That’s a good idea, so I’ll try that.

I appreciate your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.