Searching for a deleted task is an odd experience

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
A few issues.

1. Deleted tasks don’t show by default in the search. This isn’t horrible, but it’s a little less than ideal because it means to you need to know to turn on the Deleted Tasks filter if you want to see them. So to keep an item easily searchable you need to mark it Complete, which is a little confusing if the task wasn’t actually completed. Also, the default filter when you add the deleted tasks search filter is “Any”, which doesn’t match the default search experience of “Not Deleted”.
  2. When I leave “Any” selected, it shows me “1 result” in the top left, but does not show the task in the list. Obviously this is just weird. (Screenshot attached)
  3. When I select “Deleted”, I do see the tasks that are deleted that I was following, but not tasks that were on a board I am a member of.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Delete Task
  2. Search for keyword within task with no filter, with deleted filter of “Any” and deleted filter of “Deleted”.

Browser version:
Latest Chrome

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Kevin_Hannan, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Regarding your first point on deleted tasks showing in search results, I recommend you create a post in the #productfeedback category! This will give other Community members the opportunity to upvote your request if they agree! :+1:t2:

On to your third point! There could be two reasons why deleted tasks are not showing in your search results:

Does this sound like it may be the case?

And finally, I would suggest reaching out to our Support Team regarding the “1 results” shown as they will be able to look into this further with tools we do not have access to on the Community Team.

You can provide them with the below:

1. The link to this thread
    2.The search query you used

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.