Saved filter does not work on initial load when using board view

I have a project with the saved layout set to “board” and a filter applied to a custom field. This works on the initial setup, however, when I navigate away (tried refreshing too) and return to the board, the filter is not applied. If I then switch to List view the filter is applied, and then when I click board view again, the filter is then applied.

When I change the saved layout to a list and repeat the steps above, then the filter is applied. This indicates that the issue is happening only on the board view for now.

Replication Steps:

• Create a new project
  • Use to board view
  • Click “save layout as default”
  • Add a custom field
  • Apply the filter to that custom field
  • Navigate away from the project
  • Navigate back to the project

Browser version:
Chrome: Version 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for the report @Tisley_Mac,

Looking at the steps you describe, it seems that you are not saving your view after filtering with your custom field. Can you please try the following and let me know if it resolves your issue?

• Create a new project
  • Use to board view
  • Click “save layout as default” you can skip this
  • Add a custom field
  • Apply the filter to that custom field
    *** Click “save layout as default”**
  • Navigate away from the project
  • Navigate back to the project

Hi @Marie

Thanks for the reply. I have also tried the additional step you pointed out (I did this originally and forgot to include it in the original post), however, the issue still persists.

Notice that this is only affecting the “Board” view. The “List” view applies the filter perfectly fine even when navigating away and going back to it.

I have a video recording on my end, if there is any way I can share this with you please let me know.

Thanks @Tisley_Mac, can you DM the video please?

Thanks for sharing your screencast via DM @Tisley_Mac, I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug for our team to investigate and will keep you posted here once I have an update!

1 Like