"Save view for everyone" not working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
With 2 computers next to each other, I select the view of all tasks for the project tasks lists.
I then click “Save view for everyone”. I marked a task as completed, I still see it, while it disapears from my colleague’s screen.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:
For both PC : Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86

Upload screenshots below:

And if you refresh the second browser they have the correct view?

1 Like

I didn’t try, but you see the tasks disappearing in live then I guess it’s refreshed.

Define still see the Task.
If a Task is selected in the Task list and then completed, it still displays the Task pane, while removing it from the Task list.

It will be clearer with screenshots:
We don’t have the same view of the projects but we have tried several times to click “Save view for eveyone” from computer 1 with “All tasks” selected. It has no effect on the computer 2 view.

Ah. I had missed the “All Tasks” detail of your issue.

Interesting. I can’t duplicate this behavior.

I assume Computer 1 and Computer 2 are also logged in as 2 different users.
When you open the View menu from “Computer 2” does it show All Tasks as the view?

Yes

I’ll check tomorrow :wink:
It’s the second time I’m facing this issue in a few months, usually it works fine.

I did some more testing with view settings and refreshing and the browser.

If you select All Tasks and then Save View for Everyone on Computer 1 and then start completing Tasks on Computer 1. The Tasks will disappear from Computer 2.
If you then refresh the browser on Computer 2, it will match Computer 1.

My point is that they might not have coded the « live refresh of view settings ». But I would not find that really problematic unless someone stays on the same page forever…

1 Like

@Julien_RENAUD, thanks for flagging this and thanks to everyone who had an input on this thread!

I agree that this is probably not a bug but definitely something we could improve in the future! Let me look into this with our web team, and I’ll get back to you asap!

1 Like

Yes probably. We have made some additionnal tests with the two computers.
When a task is completed it disapears automatically on the computer 2, so it’s live refreshed, but not for the view settings.
As soon as we refresh the page, the completed tasks appear.
Thus you may be right Bastien :+1:

1 Like

@Julien_RENAUD, you probably will want to change the title now that it’s moved to Product Feedback.

We have a similar issue: tasks show up for one user, not for the others even if “all tasks” is selected. It seems they disappeared completely. Quite problematic. This is NOT resolved by refreshing/reloading.

Hi @Hugo_Wurtele and welcome to the Forum!

Can you confirm if you’re referring to My tasks or a specific project?

Hello Marie, I found the solution to the issue. Thanks.

1 Like

Great news, thanks for keeping me posted @Hugo_Wurtele :+1:t3: