Same Project with Multiple Teams

Hi @Marie and @Bastien_Siebman.

Thanks for answering this question. I’ve seen it asked a few times and I understand that it’s not possible. Sometimes it helps if there was a “why” so we can best understand the logic behind not having this functionality as a feature. Do you know why this isn’t a feature?

I can explain how it would help my team:
I’ve broken up each “Team” to be each division in the company. Marketing has Marketing Projects & Databases, while Sales has their Projects & Databases. Sometimes there is a Project that is featured between both. From a navigation perspective, it would be great to be able to see that one Project on both Teams, so navigating throughout the multiple Teams and Projects is slightly more user friendly.

I do understand that I can have a multi-home for each task and that does work great…but from strictly speaking about navigation and user experience, I could see this as being beneficial.

Another thought is that it doesn’t actually live on both Teams, but is able to have a shortcut to another Team’s Project on a different Team, that would work just as effectively.

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and the “why” to the reason of its functionality. Thanks!

9 Likes