Safari Performance

A few members of my team use Safari (instead of Chrome), and they consistenly experience terrible performance when using asana. Simple keystrokes are delayed and clicking between items is also slow. In fact, even outside the Asana app, there’s a 1-3 lag after loading a page on asana.com (which I can’t help but think is a JS issue). We’ve tried this in private Safari windows, w/o extensions, on different machines, and this seems concentrated among Mac laptops. Laptops are only a couple years old and work fine with other SaaS apps like Podio, Hubspot, Zapier, etc. This seems a persistent issue with Asana. I’m not sure if this is a bug/incompatability with your frontend framework, but support wasn’t very helpful resolving this. We’ve resorted to using different browsers or wrapping asana.com with nativefier or Fluid.

I have the exact same issue. I experienced it for the first time a few months ago and it went away after a day or two. The same issue is now back since yesterday (April 10) for me. I tried rebooting, logging back in without success. I’m using Chrome temporarily for Asana.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. When I am typing in Safari, the keystrokes show up about 1-3 seconds after I tap the key. Is there a fix for this yet?

I’ve here and there checked back to see if any non-Chrome based browser runs Asana smoothly but I’ve only had good consistent performance with Chromium based browsers myself.

Yap, same for me - that’s basically the reason why I switched back to Chrome the last time I tried to use Safari.

One Teammate of mine doesn’t have problems and he’s using a 15” MacBook Pro with a crazy powerful discrete graphics card, so maybe this is an issue with resource management in the JS MVC?

I’m having the exact same problem, it really frustrating… anyone have a solution? I think I’m going back to chrome…

Hi @Jonathan_Walker,

have you already tried basic browser troubleshooting steps? Asana supported browsers and troubleshooting steps | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Can you also let me know what results you’re getting when running this connectivity test? https://connectivity-test.asana.com/

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your help, looks like clearing the cache fixed it… Thanks

1 Like

I’m just now having issues with Safari (Version 13.0.2) and Asana when I upgraded to OSX Catalina. I’ve tried all the steps from the Connectivity guide but to no avail. Chrome works fine, it’s just this newest version of Safari.

Have any of you run into the same issue with Version 13.0.2?

I have the same issue. ‘My Tasks’ page has issues with Safari. If I click on a specific task in “My Tasks” pane, it never loads the right panel with task specific details.

Other pages and features seem to work fine.