Rules running in a project that has no listed rules. Need to remove the rules, but can't find them. Rules were created by me (according to Asana).

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am trying to test a behavior on a project that is not using rules. However, when I do the behavior, it triggers a rule. I went into Customize to remove the rules and there are no rules there to edit or update. This is on my Phoenix account.

Hi @Paula_Holsberry,

If you go to the task where the rule fired, and look at its activity history (bottom of its detail pane), you should see an entry for the rule. Hover your cursor over the “Asana” at the beginning of it; it should at least tell you the name of the rule and who owns it - that might give you some valuable clues as to where it is. One initial thought I have is: is the task multi-homed into another project and that’s where the rule is living?

1 Like

Thanks, @Phil_Seeman. I had the same thoughts.
The history shows the rule was run by Asana and that it’s owned by me. (I’m logged in as Michelle)

But when I go to the Customize button in the project and look at the rules, there are no rules listed.

I also thought about the multi-home, but this task is only in one project.

I guess my main question is “Where are these rules housed that are running in this project?” :thinking:

Hi @Paula_Holsberry, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team with the URL link to a task that has been affected by one of these Rules. Our Support team have access to tools to look into this further for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.