Rules at Team level

Hi,

I want to automatically multihome any tasks assigned to a specific user (Alex) within a specific team (production team) to his own board (Alex to do) and a specific section within that (production). Any idea how I can make that happen?

Thanks,

Leila,

Hi @leila, great question!

As Rules are Project based (any trigger within a specific project will cause an action for tasks in that project), it would not be currently possible to apply a Rule to a specific user!

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category and updated the title to make it more discoverable, I hope you don’t mind! :slight_smile:

I’ll let you know if our Product team make any updates here! :slight_smile:

Thanks Rebecca,

So are you saying if I switched the rule on fore every single project, it should work?

So for each project I create the rule “automatically multihome tasks assigned to Alex to the project Alex to-do” - what type of account do I need to do that?

Thanks,

Leila,

Yes, @leila, this could work! However, it would certainly be tedious to do this for every user (and every project they are a member of).

Custom Rules are a Business feature so you would need a Business subscription in your Organization to make use of this :slight_smile:

FYI you could also do this via an equivalent Flowsana rule, which could be done at the Asana Premium subscription level. :slight_smile:

2 Likes