Rule to convert a completed task to an Approval state

Hi all,

I’m trying to see if someone has a recommendation on how I could set up a rule to do the following:

• When a task is marked complete > Move to section > switch completion status to approval
  • or any task created is switched to an approved state rather than the default checkmark :white_check_mark:

Hi,

The action to turn a task into an approval task does not exist natively in Asana. I thought it was available in the API but I have a big doubt here, @Phil_Seeman any insight? Thanks!

Actually I just checked my own post (:man_facepalming: ) The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com and Flowsana from @Phil_Seeman has this action!

3 Likes

Correct - Flowsana and the other integrations can do it!

It’s actually easy to do via the API, all you do is set the resource subtype of the task:

task.resource_subtype = "approval"

4 Likes

Thanks, @Phil_Seeman and @Bastien_Siebman. I’ll definitely look into Flowsana some more. I may have some questions around integrating it with my company’s instance given we typically need Security and Legal reviews for bringing on new systems or integrations.

Understood! Don’t hesitate to email “support at flowsana dot net” with any questions.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.