Rule is applying to all sections, when it needs to be one at a time

Hello!

I’m trying to add rules to several sections in sequential order that do this:

1. When task marked complete, move task to the next section
  2. Mark task incomplete
  3. Assign task

My issue is that when the rule of marking a task complete is run, Asana doesn’t know which section to move the task to.

How can I create the condition for moving the tasks through the sections in the correct order?

TIA!!

Welcome, @Lilly_Pet,

I think you need to have a rule for each section, and each needs to be a multi-condition trigger:

Click the “+” sign within the trigger to make your trigger have a pair of conditions:

1. Tasked marked complete
  2. Task moved to (read as “task is in”) section

This will let you target each rule to a section.

Hope that helps,

Larry

2 Likes

Thank you, Larry - much appreciated!

1 Like

@Lilly_Pet This is super-easy and stuff I do all the time with our rules set-up. If you’re still struggling, please DM me (jennifer@siddhicapital.co). I’ll show you how (screenshare).
Jennifer

@anon12986944, You replied to me but maybe you meant @Lilly_Pet? I think my solution provides the approach unless you suggest another direction?

Thanks,

Larry

@Lilly_Pet This is super-easy and stuff I do all the time with our rules set-up. If you’re still struggling, please DM me (jennifer@siddhicapital.co). I’ll show you how (screenshare).
Jennifer

@lpb Oops, sorry. Yes, I think your solution does take care of it. I was only offering to help if there are continued issues. -Jennifer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.