Rule activation duplicating tasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I’ve added 2 rules to 2 different projects: one to mark task as complete when moved to a specific column and one to move to a specific column when marked complete. Due to the tasks being in both projects, when an action leads to the rule being applied the system duplicates the task.

Steps to reproduce: add the same 2 rules to 2 different projects; add a task to both projects; make the rule activate. System will duplicate task (duplicated task will not be marked as complete but will be changed to the appropriate column).

Browser version: Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Welcome to the Forum @Diana_Baule and thank you for reaching out!

In order to investigate this issue could you please DM me the following information:

• A screenshot of the Rules you have set up in each Project.
  • A screencast of the behaviour when triggering the rule in both projects. That would be very helpful to understand the issue and investigate it further.

Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

P.S.:To send me a DM, simply click on my name in this post and select “Message”.

Thank you Diana! Looking forward to your reply!

Hey Natalia, thanks for replying.
I’m having a hard time finding the DM link when clicking on your name.
I can’t provide you with screenshots or a video screencast as I only have access to Asana on an enterprise level and can’t share any of that information. I will unfortunately not be able to help any further than describing what happens in more detail. It seems to be an error that has happened every time so I assume it would be easy to reproduce.
Sorry I couldn’t be of any more help.
Diana

We have the same bug here. Even if the rules are turned off if you duplicate the project it duplicate task 4 times (the one with the rules). When will a fix be available for this?