RTL language support

Currently Asana Web interface does not support RTL languages.
RTL text shown LTR which make it hard to read.
appending "dir=auto" to each row of task make it much better. but it needs to inject js and css to page, which is hard and not permanent.

Also, text is not quite readable, Because of font.

4 Likes

+1 on RTL support - Asana is effectively not a tool I can use without it

7 Likes

+1 ! I would really like to write tasks in Hebrew.

The Android app shows the text correctly but the website doesn’t. :frowning:

8 Likes

Apparently Asana has no intention of solving the issue according to replies i have received from support

3 Likes

+1

Just a simple code… please implement.

5 Likes

Should point out that support for just “Right-to-Left languages” (such as Hebrew, Arabic, and Persian) per se is not really enough — but would nevertheless be most welcome as a big step in the correct direction!

What is truly needed, in the more general sense, is support for bidirectional (mixed RTL/LTR) text (“BiDi”), per the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm.

4 Likes

… per the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm.

1 Like

This is correct

1 Like

Will Asan ever support RTL language support, i depend heavily on arabic typing and it’s annoying to not be able to type from right to left.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hi there,
It will be great if you can add RTL support to the board (task description, comments, etc)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @anon95323848 and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! :slight_smile:

There is an existing thread regarding this request so I’m merging your post with it to consolidate feedback on this topic. I hope it’s OK. Please, don’t forget to add your vote by clicking on the “Vote” button at the top left corner of this thread.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

I was suggested to post in this category. I know you prioritize feature requests by popularity and I know this feature request will not get many upvotes but I really hope you add this feature. It will be a great help.

Hi there, I also wish Asana would fix RTL support soon, in the meanwhile, I found that the best practice to escalate our request to the company is through finding the thread with most votes and just adds more votes to it.

The link to that thread

+1 on this. Would love to see support for proper RTL.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Any update on this? We really need this feature!

1 Like

please this is very important for us to add RTL

1 Like

+1

1 Like

PLEASE make RTF text. All you have to do is add a rich text editor that would have the text direction built into it. That would also solve the colored text issue that people have been asking about for years.

there are 500 million RTL language speakers around the world.

Please add RTL support ASAP

1 Like