Rollover tasks

Hello,

I’d like to see rollover tasks, that is tasks that are due “now,” but if they don’t get done today then they simply rollover to tomorrow rather than being categorized as overdue. I can set tasks this way if I don’t assign a due date and they show up on my tasks list screen but they don’t appear on the calendar view, which is what I use most. I can also set them to recur every day, but then it shows up on every previous day if I didn’t do it, and once I’m done I have to go in and remove the recurrence instead of just marking the task complete. I envision “rollover” as an option you have to select such as a due date or recurrence rather than the default, that way if someone wants to use it how it is set up now they still can. I use Asana as personal task manager, so I’m not sure how this would affect teams, but I can’t imagine it would be a hinderance. Thanks for your consideration!

Kindly,
Phoebe

Thanks for the feedback @Phoebe_Murrell, this is definitely something we’re looking to build with a set of due date based rules! We’ll keep you posted here once we have an update on our end!

4 Likes

Thank your for posting this request. I ended up here by way of searching for that feature, which Sunsama does so well.

I want this too, please? Its a major stress point to see all the red dates and to sweep them up. I keep planning for more than fits in a day, I want my tasks to rollover please.

It’s been two years since y’all have been looking to build in the rollover feature. Is it any closer to being available?

Hi @Carolyn_Franjko,

While we don’t have a dedicated feature, this is something you should be able to do with Rules.

Trigger → Due date: task is over due
Action → Set due date: today

Thank you

Is this available in the Premium level or does is require Business?

I think for My Tasks you’d be able to do this with your plan, but for projects, you’d require Business or Enterprise.

Larry

OK. Thank you.

1 Like